GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brake Boost Practice

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Where did you guys teach your left foot to brake? The only two times I've tried it I've been alone on a 2 lane black top and my left foot is like a sledge hammer compared to my right foot. The first time I actually locked up the ABS trying to LFB. Love the brake pedal responsiveness but I have no finesse for it with my left foot.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Where did you guys teach your left foot to brake? The only two times I've tried it I've been alone on a 2 lane black top and my left foot is like a sledge hammer compared to my right foot. The first time I actually locked up the ABS trying to LFB. Love the brake pedal responsiveness but I have no finesse for it with my left foot.

Like anything takes practice.
I do not drive a forklift for a living but when I worked on the production side I drove enough to get very good at it. Filling in for a 12 your shift you would use left foot on brake just so right would not get tired. Over time you get to be very good at it.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
It takes a few tries before your foot can learn how much pressure it needs. Try applying the throttle first then applying the brakes to stop you accelerating.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Believe it or not, video games. I play sims for years before I autoX a real car(also had experience autocrossing Formula SAE cars, which were also 2 pedal cars at my school). The first time I went to autoX my MK6 I was planning to brake with right foot until I get comfortable then I will try to brake with left foot. Then first braking zone I just instinctively went left foot brake and never looked back.

I actually don't drive normally braking with left foot. And I kinda consciously do that because I want to separate driving hard for track/autoX to daily driving. I think one time I went to NC/TN area for fun and was following my friend and half way through a stretch of road I noticed I started to left foot brake and I backed off...