GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 GTI Colors

XoneDB4

Ready to race!
I’ve seen a few white silver golfs over here in the UK and I think it looks awful; kinda like someone contaminated a batch of pure white paint and decided to use it anyway.

On the other hand I know people who really like it, so it certainly splits opinion.

We don’t have that green over here but from the sunlight photo I immediately think 1996 Subaru Forester.

FriskyDingo

Ready to race!
I'm going to replace my CSG 16 SE w/ a green SE no leather. I'm digging the hell out of the color. And the more people that hate it, the better. Maybe there be so many, like CSG which is apparently on 50% of Mk7 GTI's built.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
That's so 90s lol

Looks like a mk3 my step brother had

That's what I like about it. Nostalgia of my 1991 Corrado and my dad's old green 1996 2 door Tahoe. Hell, his current 1993 Corrado is a dark forest green too (tan leather interior).

The big problem I see with the green are the red brake calipers, headlight stripes and grill stripe. Going to look like a Christmas ornament lol.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I was really hoping for a dark green instead of this tealish color. This is the worst shade of green IMO. Too bad.

KlipZ

Ready to race!
I was really hoping for a dark green instead of this tealish color. This is the worst shade of green IMO. Too bad.

I agree. The green just isn't my taste. I've never liked green cars other than lime green (like the RS3 can come in). The GTI green reminds me of those green Dodge Caravans that were everwhere in the late 90's/early 2000's.

colliece

20180506_131655_HDR.jpg

Color is such a personal think, I like the Great Falls Green, for one reason it is not like every other White, Silver, Black, or Gray vehicle on the the road, especially the GTI, it seems like every GTI see on the road is Pure White.

The green changes colors depending on the type of light. In bright sun it has more of blue tint (tealish?) in shade it is more dark green. But you know what everyone doesn't have to like it, I love it and wish Volkswagen would offer more color choices. Why not Yellow or different Reds, and Blues?

Moonray

Passed Driver's Ed
Definitely subjective - even my own tastes change over time, or change based on wheel choice, interior, or adding a sunroof (sunroof + a light color looks awkward to me, and I chose White Silver).

My take on blue/green/yellow colors: too many colors! A GTI means you're getting doses of silver, black, and red, especially if you choose Tartan cloth. Adding another color into the scheme looks clumsy/busy to me. But with the R or leather option, I'm less picky (e.g., the R in Lapiz Blue).