GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Advice needed

Junebugz_GTI10

Ready to race!
Thanks for the help guys. One last question before I pull the trigger.

I got the dealership down to 7,250 below MSRP which is the best price I’ve gotten so far. Would you consider that a good discount? New 2017 GTI SE dsg.

Just don't get suckered into an expensive extended warranty or gap insurance... That is how they make all that money back.

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
Thanks for the help guys. One last question before I pull the trigger.

I got the dealership down to 7,250 below MSRP which is the best price I’ve gotten so far. Would you consider that a good discount? New 2017 GTI SE dsg.

I payed 27k for my 2017 GTI SE DSG and 30K out the door. I assume 7,250 is below that so yes that is a good deal.

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
Yes, sale price is 26,200 with tax and everything else it’s 28,570 OTD. When did you buy yours?

10/01/2017 in LA. That’s a good deal. I recommend you grab it.

GTiZoomies

10/01/2017 in LA. That’s a good deal. I recommend you grab it.

One more question, sorry. I was able to find a 2018 GTi SE DSG for 31k OTD. Do you think the resale value for the 2018 would justify the $2500 price difference over the 2017. I plan on keeping the car for 6+ years.

My only concern is right when I buy the car, it’s 1 year old and is not the newer face lifted version. Just thinking about resale value here.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
One more question, sorry. I was able to find a 2018 GTi SE DSG for 31k OTD. Do you think the resale value for the 2018 would justify the $2500 price difference over the 2017. I plan on keeping the car for 6+ years.

My only concern is right when I buy the car, it’s 1 year old and is not the newer face lifted version. Just thinking about resale value here.

Personally, 2018 warranty and the new model year will be worth the premium.

GTiZoomies

Personally, 2018 warranty and the new model year will be worth the premium.

Do you think it would be worth it from a resale perspective? I know it’s probably hard since it’s so new, but if you had to guess? This is my first “new” car purchase so it’s unexplored territory for me.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Do you think it would be worth it from a resale perspective? I know it’s probably hard since it’s so new, but if you had to guess? This is my first “new” car purchase so it’s unexplored territory for me.

KBB private sale value for a 4 door Wolfsburg edition GTI:
2013 with 60,000 miles: $13550
2014 with 48,000 miles: $15110

On the account of resale, you might get $500 - $1000 more for a 2018 over 2017 depending on how old they are.

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI

I don't think the resale value would be much better tbh. Usually the last of a generation is a bit better. The warranty on the other hand might be worth it for you including the changes between the 7 and 7.5's.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
over $7K is a great deal, unless they are making it up on your trade in. $2500 is a wash as far as 2018's go (opinion)