GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Liqui Moly Molygen? Anyone Use It?

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
Yeah my temp lower too but not sure if its due to new oil vs 5k used oil or its actually doing what it claims. My previous was also Leichtlauf

MilesToEmpty

Ready to race!
Wife's car is due for an oil change, the 40k, and plan on switching to Leichtlauf.

Is it really suggested to bump down from the 10k to a 5k oil change? I would run 10-15k on my Toyota's (with testing) and saw no abnormal numbers and blackstone would report back good findings.

nofuiyo

Passed Driver's Ed
I do run Molygen on my 1.8 TSI.. running temp is a little higher than the Schaeffer's i was using before, but the temp drops at a faster rate when you turn the engine off and turn it back on 10 mins later. This will be my 3rd oil change with the Molygen. I am happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
I ran Molygen in my wifes Jetta back at 20K miles. There were no issues with it. I do like the UV fluorescence. Makes it really easy to identify a leak!

drrck

Go Kart Champion
Wife's car is due for an oil change, the 40k, and plan on switching to Leichtlauf.

Is it really suggested to bump down from the 10k to a 5k oil change? I would run 10-15k on my Toyota's (with testing) and saw no abnormal numbers and blackstone would report back good findings.

All my oil analysis indicate 10K is adequate for my usage (3 track days a year and 12 months of DD). YMMV.

greens

Ready to race!
Not really, I just didn’t think we could get it here maybe that was Group V I don’t remember now.

As far as I know Red Line is all Group V ester based aside from their new "professional series" which appears to be a III+.

I believe Red Line and Amsoil are your only domestic options.

applesauce2

Passed Driver's Ed
With top-side oil changes, I’ll assuming the oil drain plug underneath is not being replaced. Could this be an issue long-term?

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
With top-side oil changes, I’ll assuming the oil drain plug underneath is not being replaced. Could this be an issue long-term?

Hard to say, if it’s not moving I don’t see it having a problem. I don’t see it degrading its seal.

87k miles here and 50k since the last time my plug was replaced.