GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PLA Retrofit

DaveEvening

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi!
About a car: 1.6TDI Golf Variant from 02.2014 with OPS and 8 PDC sensors.

I'm starting to think about retrofitting a ParkAssist into MK7, but before I'm just ask peoples having more knowledge then I, about some things.

First - What is needed? My car have 4 front and 4 rear sensors from factory and for sure I will need a +2 sensors on sides in front and rear bumper. Also the control module need to change (Now have 5Q0919294 (E) - Propably this letter, can't remember now, easy to check)) to... 5Q0919298, right? But which letter? Any? There is some difference?

Second - Coding. In 44(Steering), in 10 (PDC), in 19 (Gateway? Is there any difference between PDC / PLA?), in 16 (Dash) and... 03 (ABS?)

Third - Sensors ABS - need to change? What about whole module? Can anyone check how parts have with PLA?

Thanks in advance! If managed to DIY, I will provide guide for You companions!

DaveEvening

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes, I managed to do that.

Nedd to change rear ABS sensors, add 4 PDC sensors on sides of bumpers and change a PDC module. And of course, a lot of coding :) If need advice, ask ;)

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
when adding the additional 4 sensors did you have to add wires to the 26 pin or 18 pin connectors that go to the module or are the addiontal wires only go to front and rear sensor harness?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

DaveEvening

Passed Driver's Ed
I changed the rear and front bumper, it came with harness, but also need to make a connection from connectors to PLA module (2 wires front, 2 wires rear).

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
yea i know what wires you are talking about, but i saw a pdf file of xagico, and in that file the rear connector has 10 pins instead of 8. why is that

DaveEvening

Passed Driver's Ed
I got my own wiring diagrams, but when serching on web I see that pdf.
Front bumper connector has 8 pin spots and all of them are occupied. Rear connector has 10 pin spots, but just 8 are occupied ( pin 1 & 2 are empty) . Hope that clarify :)

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
I got my own wiring diagrams, but when serching on web I see that pdf.
Front bumper connector has 8 pin spots and all of them are occupied. Rear connector has 10 pin spots, but just 8 are occupied ( pin 1 & 2 are empty) . Hope that clarify :)
oh, thats good then. i thought i had to replace the entire wiring harness. and does the automatic parking work for you now?

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Yes, working well, no errors
wow thats perfect, didnt think the automatic steering is as simple as letting the car control the electric steering motor or something, anyway thanks a lot[emoji16]

ofektal8

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello, im trying to do this too, but i got an error in my dash - park assist currently not available. i installed everything except abs sensors. can this be the problem?

DaveEvening

Passed Driver's Ed
How version of car you have?
Not replacing sensors can be a problem, but also you can arleady have good sensors. Any errors in PDC module?