GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R brakes on Autobahn GTI 2018?

RSLICK

Ready to race!
Car(s)
7.5 Autobahn DSG
I have read that for 2018 the Autobahn gets the Golf R brakes. Is this a fact? Are the calipers marked GTI? Are these the same size brakes as the brakes in the PP of last year?

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
The GTI PP and Golf R brakes are the same, just different colors and decals. For 2018 they ditched the PP option and just made the equipment standard on the SE and Autobahn models.

RSLICK

Ready to race!
Car(s)
7.5 Autobahn DSG
Okay, thanks. They sure don't make it easy. Different countries, different models, and configurations. Unclear brochures. In fact, the brochure I have for the Autobahn in Canada makes no mention of having the bigger brakes which obviously is a welcome feature. And, really poor description of the electronic limited slip differential that is huge.
Cheers.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
Can you retrofit the R/PP brakes on a GTI without the PP?

Yes, but very expensive relative to the improvement over stock GTi (non-P/P).

Definitely the better set-up but retrofitting OEM R/S3 brakes is costly.

kingkhan

Ready to race!
Yes, but very expensive relative to the improvement over stock GTi (non-P/P).

Definitely the better set-up but retrofitting OEM R/S3 brakes is costly.
Isn't it as simple as installing calipers, pads and rotors? I read that the brake master cylinder on non pp cars was the same as pp cars.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
It is as simple as swapping calipers, pads, and rotors. Bleed them in and you're good to go. Non-performance pack cars have the same master cylinder as performance pack and golf r in the north american region.