GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

any one in dealer car sales can answer this for me?

soooty

Does anyone know why car dealers are obsessed with you paying a deposit of some sort when you buy a car on pcp? Is there some gain to them if i pay say 20k all on pcp vs 18k on pcp and 2k cash deposit? Are they remunerated better somehow if they get a deposit of some sort? Its always an annoyance.

they might say 'its to keep your monthly payments smaller' but thats bs as they don't pay my monthly payments.. i do.

Ta for any insight.

Last edited:

soooty

well i can part answer my own question now at least. Having got offers from traders over the weekend I've learnt -simply tell the trader that your settlement figure is 2k more than it really is. Never give them the real settlement figure as they will ALWAYS offer you a couple grand less.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Pcp?

They want a deposit to show you're a serious buyer AND to screw you. My opinion is, only suckers leave deposits.

Last edited:

SweetJones_29

Ready to race!
I see both of you are writing in English but have no idea WTF you are talking about. Where in the world is Wurld? North of Westeros?

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
According to this link, PCP is sort of a form of...leasing? The site is from the UK, and it appears PCP is Personal Contract Purchase, and it is, well, read it. It's kinda weird.