GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fast FC04 / MK7 GTI

Hey all,

From the reading that i've done, and checking a couple wheel calc's it looks as if these will fit correctly on my mk7 gti, wondering if you all could just confirm before i end up ordering just to make sure im not missing anything. Also, planning on putting VWR springs in at some point in time, i assume no issues with that as well?

Also, anyone have pics with a similar set-up? Bronze rim on carbon steel metallic?

Make: Fast Wheels
Model: FC04
Size: 18x8
P.C.D: 5x112
Offset: +40
Bore: 72.6 mm
Seat: 60

Thanks!

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
I just ordered the same wheels in the same spec with a set of Firehawk Indy 500s in 235/40r18. All reading I did says they will fit pretty perfectly. Just over 15mm wider stance on each side.

teemmy

Ready to race!
they will clear. I have the same spec wheels and they are fine with 235/40/18 tires - clear TTRS brakes as well, no rubbing on lowered VWR springs

jeffkro

Go Kart Champion
These wheels look great, have a very low weight and are flow formed. The problem is they aren't very available in the US, other than that I want them.

Not only will they fit, but they'll also clear TTRS brakes. Not the color combo you're looking for though.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35294

I just ordered the same wheels in the same spec with a set of Firehawk Indy 500s in 235/40r18. All reading I did says they will fit pretty perfectly. Just over 15mm wider stance on each side.

they will clear. I have the same spec wheels and they are fine with 235/40/18 tires - clear TTRS brakes as well, no rubbing on lowered VWR springs

Thanks guys! appreciate it! great to know about the brakes too, theyre not on my list for this summer, but hopefully further down the road someday!

These wheels look great, have a very low weight and are flow formed. The problem is they aren't very available in the US, other than that I want them.

Thats what got me on them, weight/price/look, im having trouble finding them in canada as well, suppliers are maybe getting stock in march but i have to check back, cant pre-order.

kornsined

Go Kart Newbie
Any issues with these in 18x9 with the 40 offset? Thinking Indy 500 in 245/40/18. Ideally I would go 18x8.5 (235 tire) but they aren't offered in that size.

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
Any issues with these in 18x9 with the 40 offset? Thinking Indy 500 in 245/40/18. Ideally I would go 18x8.5 (235 tire) but they aren't offered in that size.

If you have coilovers and add negative camber, no problems. Stock struts, problem, no camber.... most likely problems

kornsined

Go Kart Newbie
If you have coilovers and add negative camber, no problems. Stock struts, problem, no camber.... most likely problems

Ok thanks for the heads up.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
New bronze faced Fast wheel “Aristo”

18x8.5 ET40 CB72.6 (Weight TBA)

Would be a bit too much poke up front ~22mm, IMO.

Machined face with smoked clear coat as well.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
How do the bronze finish hold up in the winter?

Fastwheels.ca says the bronze FC04 are not winter friendly. However, the titanium FC04 are listed as winter friendly.

Also, what type of bolts (ball / conical)?

Last edited:

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Some questions...

Do the OEM bolt caps fit?

How about the OEM center caps (65mm)?

About bolts, 30mm ok? ECS doesn’t have 27mm in black. Trying to order all bits from same place.

Finally, 18x8 ET40 looks to be 15mm more flush than stock Austins. Great up front but would like 5mm more flush rear. Any suggestions?

Now I just need to decide 225 or 235 Indy 500s...

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Must be killing you. Ready here in Vancity.

Where’d you order from?

Looking at bronze as sunmer setup.

You going to just use the Fast wheel caps?

Last edited: