GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New GTD Ordered

noexcuse

Hi,

New to the forum, first post.
Ordered last week Just got the tracking number today (took some doing as it is my first company car !)

5 Door GTD DSG, Solid Black.
Black Vienna Leather
ACC
Dynaudio Sound Pack
Rear View Camera
Park Assist
Rear Side Airbags
Winter Pack

Have been quoted as September Delivery (originaly quoted November)
Showing as "processing your order" How long does it take for it to show as build week confirmed ? Would it process faster as a Manual as opposed to the DSG ?

mcmaddy

Ready to race!
I think November delivery is more likely than September. I ordered my gtd on 2nd April and won't get delivery until mid September. mines a manual too and yes your dsg will probably back your order up.

mcmaddy

Ready to race!
It will only change to build week approx. 4 weeks before the actual build week. Ive got build week 35 so i would expect at the start of 31 for the tracker to change. 31 is w/c 29th July.

noexcuse

Thank you again mcdaddy, Now stops me checking the VW site several times a day like an ocd addict, All I can do is keep my fingers crossed and hope. Unfortunatly my company only deals with one leasing company :-( and they are a complete *&%$ it was a mission getting the tracking number as they don't have it and no one had ever asked for one before. Without going through the trauma again is there anyway of finding out if I changed from the DSG to a manual would the lead time be any shorter and by how much ? Plus side would be that I would payless tax on the manual (lower emissions) and Then I would have money left over for more factory extra's !

mcmaddy

Ready to race!
You've got plenty of time to change your spec but only VW themselves will be able to tell you if the dsg or manual will change your build week.

noexcuse

Before placing my order for the GTD I used the VW configurator app on the iPhone to configure the GTD earlier this week when I went into the app it was coming up with an error on my saved configuration "could not build configuration" low and behold when I try to build a new configuration there is no rear camera option. Does any one know if VW having supply or technical issue's with the camera's ? If I remove the option will I get it any earlier ?

noexcuse

Was this at dealer or VW customer services level ? Do you have a confined BW yet ? just with reading comments some people ordering end of July getting delivery for September ! A little frustrating :confused:

mcmaddy

Ready to race!
VW customer services but they are useless really. loads of factors really for some early deliveries, no options, no other car ordered at the dealership etc etc. it's shit from VW really!

deangtd

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice spec. Ordered my GTD back in May. VW factory received order on 5 June. Expected delivery first week in October. Tried the Dynaudio in a demo GTI. It was well worth a tick on the old options list. Heard the the rear view camera not available, worth a check in the forum.

noexcuse

Mine was ordered 11th June, I have a provisional build date of 2nd week of October and a 4-6 week delivery (because it is being built in Germany ! I love VW customer services !) Getting rather inpatient as time drags by.

JohnV1

Ready to race!
yeah been bumped from wk34 to wk36. rear camera is causing delays apparently.

Received a call from the dealer yesterday. My GT 150 TDi has been bumped further back by 2 to 3 weeks (originally b.w.30). He didn't mention the rear-view camera I'd specced but did use the excuse "Wolfsburg factory shutdown for 3 weeks." Reckons they still keep a skeleton crew but production slows down markedly. I'm estimating my total wait time at 5 1/2 months, maybe 2nd or 3rd week of September delivery. It's agonisingly slow.