GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

YouTube channel centred around the R

JoshMK7

Ready to race!
Afternoon everybody,

I haven't used this for quite some time, since I owned my 2016 GTD in-fact. I thought it was apt to return as I am now driving a MK7 Golf R, and loving it everyday!

I've decided to start up a YouTube channel, first concentrating on the R as it's the car I know (MK7 especially). You can find a link to my video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yCsjFhjVgA

I would be grateful and very appreciative of any comments, subscribers and likes. Please mind the bad video as it is filmed on my iPhone X. I'll be making more videos about the car, my plans for it, what I've done, what I'm going to do, and of course, some useful fitting/editing tutorials.

Thanks in advance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yCsjFhjVgA

Attachments

• 42325546_1873481236099598_1789051069763006575_n(1).jpg
    42325546_1873481236099598_1789051069763006575_n(1).jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 836

Al_in_Philly

Autocross Newbie
Just some tips: avoid just providing a "talking head." Aside from the one cutaway to your R being unveiled (do they really do that?), all we see is you sitting in a chair. If you want YouTube viewers you can't be boring--visually or with your spoken content. Get some shots of your R on the street and intercut them with you giving your opinion; or, even better, don't talk from a chair, but from within your car. But, if you are going to tape yourself in a chair, as you did here, compose the shot so that the space in front of your face is dominant in the shot, not the area behind your head. Last, try to put more feeling into what you're saying. In many points your energy is waning. Your audience will only care about what you are expressing as much as you appear to care about it. Card space is cheap: if you don't totally nail a segment of what you planned to say, then re-shoot it until you get it just right. Always review each clip before you put the camera away.

Good luck with the YouTube channel.

Last edited:

DanD_Dan

Just some tips: avoid just providing a "talking head." Aside from the one cutaway to your R being unveiled (do they really do that?), all we see is you sitting in a chair. If you want YouTube viewers you can't be boring--visually or with your spoken content. Get some shots of your R on the street and intercut them with you giving your opinion; or, even better, don't talk from a chair, but from within your car. But, if you are going to tape yourself in a chair, as you did here, compose the shot so that the space in front of your face is dominant in the shot, not the area behind your head. Last, try to put more feeling into what you're saying. In many points your energy is waning. Your audience will only care about what you are expressing as much as you appear to care about it. Card space is cheap: if you don't totally nail a segment of what you planned to say, then re-shoot it until you get it just right. Always review each clip before to put the camera away.

Al,
Awesome feedback. It is very kind that you took the time to provide this detailed information for the OP.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Links to YOUTUBE no worky!

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo

mikkelz_za

Ready to race!
Just some tips: avoid just providing a "talking head." Aside from the one cutaway to your R being unveiled (do they really do that?), all we see is you sitting in a chair. If you want YouTube viewers you can't be boring--visually or with your spoken content. Get some shots of your R on the street and intercut them with you giving your opinion; or, even better, don't talk from a chair, but from within your car. But, if you are going to tape yourself in a chair, as you did here, compose the shot so that the space in front of your face is dominant in the shot, not the area behind your head. Last, try to put more feeling into what you're saying. In many points your energy is waning. Your audience will only care about what you are expressing as much as you appear to care about it. Card space is cheap: if you don't totally nail a segment of what you planned to say, then re-shoot it until you get it just right. Always review each clip before you put the camera away.

Nice post!

JoshMK7

Ready to race!

For some reason I didn’t see this... thanks man. Much appreciated for the advice!! Very useful indeed

JoshMK7

Ready to race!
He has his office decorated like his R?
I need to show my Wife this. She thinks I'm weird!

Haha, it’s only one photo don’t worry [emoji102]

YouTube was hacked, the videos will be back up later.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Didn’t realise this.. interesting

Just let TheStraightPipes channel take care of the car reviews. Best in the biz.

That’s all well and good however we can’t just let the one person review cars can we now?

Links to YOUTUBE no worky!

Should be working now [emoji28] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT4cBW48RbKbkwpaQFvxJLg