GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 GTI SE for Sale

gti9251

Passed Driver's Ed
OP: I'm guessing you'll get 24-25k from Carmax.

tytus1994

Ready to race!
I remember back in the day when people didn’t lowball in a public forum, instead they took into to PM.

The thought being is that we are all part of a community and at some point will need to sell something and they wouldn’t want the same thing to happen to them.

Thanks for joinng our community. /s
You can do whatever you want on a "public" forum and I will do what I want. By the lack of response by the poster it doesn't even sound like he even cares to sell it on here. When it comes to my money I will spend it and offer whatever I want. The poster can simply say no. Thank you good day.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
You can do whatever you want on a "public" forum and I will do what I want. By the lack of response by the poster it doesn't even sound like he even cares to sell it on here. When it comes to my money I will spend it and offer whatever I want. The poster can simply say no. Thank you good day.

You missed my point.

Offer your lowball in a PM, not in an open forum. No one is stopping you from lowballing.

Sure dude, like a public sidewalk feel free to piss all over it. You have to walk down the same sidewalk.

Your actions are trashy and doesn’t build community.

Stuff like this would get you a warning/ban on most well moderated sites.

tytus1994

Ready to race!
You missed my point.

Offer your lowball in a PM, not in an open forum. No one is stopping you from lowballing.

Sure dude, like a public sidewalk feel free to piss all over it. You have to walk down the same sidewalk.

Your actions are trashy and doesn’t build community.

Stuff like this would get you a warning/ban on most well moderated sites.
Lol pissing on a sidewalk is illegal. Posting in a forum is not and I didn't insult him when I posted it. I just posted a price. You seem to be the only one with a problem with my post which was posted like over a week ago. Never heard of anyone getting banned for posting in a manner that I didnt attack or insult anyone unlike how you are calling me trash. Good day sir. Back to the topic at hand.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold

If you think you can do whatever you want in a public forum, you wont be here for long.

Everyone here wants to make a fair deal (both the buyer and the seller). If i am the buyer, i would do some research to understand the real value and offer a fair number.

If you want, you can always low ball the seller in a PM and if i am the seller, i would not even both to reply.

tytus1994

Ready to race!
If you think you can do whatever you want in a public forum, you wont be here for long.

Everyone here wants to make a fair deal (both the buyer and the seller). If i am the buyer, i would do some research to understand the real value and offer a fair number.

If you want, you can always low ball the seller in a PM and if i am the seller, i would not even both to reply.
Let me ask you something. At what point did I violate any of the forum rules by posting a price? I haven't insulted or attacked anyone and people low-ball all the time and people get deals by low balling all the time. It is the posters job to respond if he wants the deal or not. I have been on here for years with no problems. If we could just get back to the point of this thread instead of hijacking it.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Let me ask you something. At what point did I violate any of the forum rules by posting a price? I haven't insulted or attacked anyone and people low-ball all the time and people get deals by low balling all the time. It is the posters job to respond if he wants the deal or not. I have been on here for years with no problems. If we could just get back to the point of this thread instead of hijacking it.

You have not violated forum rules, my comment was a reply to the statement in your previous post.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Sounds like the dealer that offered me $800 for my 08 Honda Fit. Eventually got up to $1000. Walked out right then. Ended up getting $3500.

Absolutely you are allowed to lowball, but don't be shocked or offended when other posters call you out on it.

It's a 2 way street.

Not saying that seller won't sometimes agree to a lowball offer, but etiquette says do it through PM. Not about rules, legality etc. It's about manners. Now that I type it, I see how ridiculous that looks as I see how the newer generation interact at work.

For example someone on here posted an item higher than retail because it was on sale at the time. Instead of posting in the thread, just pm'ed them as a courtesy.

tytus1994

Ready to race!
Sounds like the dealer that offered me $800 for my 08 Honda Fit. Eventually got up to $1000. Walked out right then. Ended up getting $3500.

Absolutely you are allowed to lowball, but don't be shocked or offended when other posters call you out on it.

It's a 2 way street.

Not saying that seller won't sometimes agree to a lowball offer, but etiquette says do it through PM. Not about rules, legality etc. It's about manners. Now that I type it, I see how ridiculous that looks as I see how the newer generation interact at work.

For example someone on here posted an item higher than retail because it was on sale at the time. Instead of posting in the thread, just pm'ed them as a courtesy.
I completely understand what you are saying and I am by no means the younger generation but I do understand how basic negotiation works. He started high I went low. This is a basic way to negotiate. I rarely pm anyone maybe that is a just a personal thing for me. Now if someone wants to exchange personal info to talk about a deal that is how I prefer to do it. It seems people only have a problem with a price being posted if they deem (their opinion) is a low ball offer, again super subjective. I am just transparent and a straight to the point person. I by no means intend to insult, belittle or intentionally attack anyone on here. I hope I conveyed my perspective in the clearest way possible.

The Stig2

Ready to race!
Having to negotiate via PM is absolute nonsense. Why does this stuff have to be such a secret? Full transparency is a good thing in the long run because it will then help others get a feel for what the true fair market value is. Same with salaries, everyone is so dam secretive about what they earn. Of course someone is getting unfairly shafted, but the lack of transparency allows those writing the checks to get away with it. I believe that by keeping these things secret goes a long way to ensuring someone gets royally shafted. Of course in any sale there will always be a winner and a loser as very rarely is a sales price agreed upon that is a fair deal for both parties. Basic economics at the best of times will ensure that either the seller scores a knock-out deal or the buyer gets a bargain. Having full transparency will allow both sellers and buyers to know what the fair market value comes out to. The poster has every right to make his offer on a public site without having to be called out by traditionalists who seem to adhere to practices that will ultimately hurt the community in the long run. I think the OPs ridiculous sales price is far more egregious/ More transparency on these things is always a good thing

The Stig2

Ready to race!
I completely understand what you are saying and I am by no means the younger generation but I do understand how basic negotiation works. He started high I went low. This is a basic way to negotiate. I rarely pm anyone maybe that is a just a personal thing for me. Now if someone wants to exchange personal info to talk about a deal that is how I prefer to do it. It seems people only have a problem with a price being posted if they deem (their opinion) is a low ball offer, again super subjective. I am just transparent and a straight to the point person. I by no means intend to insult, belittle or intentionally attack anyone on here. I hope I conveyed my perspective in the clearest way possible.

You shouldn't have to justify yourself. Absolutely nothing wrong with what you did

D

Deleted member 137012

How’d this post become a brawl lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chadio

Passed Driver's Ed
Everyone became a maven when buying a car. You think any of these people saying they paid $27-$28k for this car actually bought the car outright? Lol. You’re all comedians. I’ve seen people posting they paid that much and their monthly payments are more then my lease payments and my car is literally the same se mk7.5 gti, got it brand new 3 weeks ago, it was built in july, and my car totals with taxes and destination fees $33k. Anyone on here wanna really tell people what their monthly payments are?? I don’t see many of those posts just people saying they got their mk7.5 for less then what this guy is selling his for.

I have no shame in telling what I paid. $1314 down )includes bank fee $695, first month $390, and dmv fees $249 here in nyc). I’ll be getting a refund since I was switching registrations from one car to another. But my lease is $390 which I hear from everyone that that’s cheap.

You need to lower the price tho, it has 6,000 miles and that means it’s used. It shouldn’t get more then $25k at max.

tytus1994

Ready to race!
Everyone became a maven when buying a car. You think any of these people saying they paid $27-$28k for this car actually bought the car outright? Lol. You’re all comedians. I’ve seen people posting they paid that much and their monthly payments are more then my lease payments and my car is literally the same se mk7.5 gti, got it brand new 3 weeks ago, it was built in july, and my car totals with taxes and destination fees $33k. Anyone on here wanna really tell people what their monthly payments are?? I don’t see many of those posts just people saying they got their mk7.5 for less then what this guy is selling his for.

I have no shame in telling what I paid. $1314 down )includes bank fee $695, first month $390, and dmv fees $249 here in nyc). I’ll be getting a refund since I was switching registrations from one car to another. But my lease is $390 which I hear from everyone that that’s cheap.

You need to lower the price tho, it has 6,000 miles and that means it’s used. It shouldn’t get more then $25k at max.

There are plenty of people getting SE for 27-28k just by going to the dealers website. Check out Lakeland Florida. I just got quoted this same car brand new 28,400 otd. So it is possible. Unfortunately I still have my lease so I'm going to wait till March to purchase.