GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Polyurethane pour into OEM. Interest for group?

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Looking if there were some people out there that were interested in OEM+ type engine mount for the right price.

I don't wanna get into price until I crunch numbers but if enough people would like this, I'll do it.

Also planning on casting the suspension bushings shortly and doing full set of bushings on the car. We'll see

I fell for one performance company only to have the vulcanized rubber wear out after a year. If you want something done right do it yourself.

Great results with the 70A poly.
Shore Hardness 70 A
Tensile Strength 750 psi
Elongation @ Break 750%
7 day cure time sufficient.

Last edited:

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
My 034 engine and trans mounts shifted a little, but still feel fine. After my poly HPA puck failed the VWR dual puck was the only option I considered an upgrade. Would this be similar to BFI or VWR offerings?

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
This would be more aggressive than el cheapo 60A rubber mounts. I don't plan on leaving ANY voids in the mount and it's real polyurethane not rubber.
Rubber tends to soften as it ages and wears. These would not soften. Polyurethane fails when it cracks. If 5 people or more are interested I'll do it. Still working on mold for dogbone mount, but I can make all the poly fluorescent red if it makes people happy

Last edited:

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
I let them cure for 5 days and put them in yesterday. I know the first couple hundred miles will be break in period. I have some new rattles, but I will address those. Vibrations are mostly 1200-2100rpm. Full poly no rubber at all. A bit more at idle. Feels very tight, can't decide if I like it though.
I have a 2nd set I will be trying out with same 60A but leaving the OEM rubber and I think this will be more daily driver friendly and lower cost. I don't believe anyone would want 80A for daily.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
I see in your signature you have revo mounts. I've ran various mounts setups on a few different VAG platforms. How do these compare to the revo mounts?

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
I see in your signature you have revo mounts. I've ran various mounts setups on a few different VAG platforms. How do these compare to the revo mounts?
My revos shook the car way worse while they broke in. They were nice after 1k miles but 20k miles later they were starting to get disappointingly soft and loose. I ended up with a deal from Revo because of ShopDAP's horrible service and the revision of revos mounts.

From there I grabbed my OEM mounts and filled them with cheap roof flashing polyurethane and that kinda worked to a point where I liked it but that stuff is starting to fail too. Need high quality poly done right. I think that was my favorite between NVH, OEM with no voids. People wouldn't notice that the car had stiffer mounts. just girls would say that it seemed loud inside the car ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I love hearing my engine when i hoon around

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
It’s a cool diy, but if reliability doesn’t stack up in the long run I’d highly suggest BFI. My mounts (full set, stage 2) have about 60,000 miles on them and are still like new, post break in

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Hmm I may be interested

Currently running ECS egine and BFI stage 2 tranny

Going to do lots of track days and competitions

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
That was my idea. My roof flashing polyurethane filled mounts had much pretty separated after 8 months.

I'm still working on it but ~$200 for a full set. These new ones are tight, really like them. They are calming down. My blonde test is always if the girl notices something different about my car or not. Not had any mentions. I notice idle is still a little stiff

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Things are developing. Stay tuned

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Cemetery

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
e36m/e46m/mk7r
Id be interested in sending in my stockers. My 034 mounts are shit now after 25kmi. Should have went BFI.