GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Even if you're out of warranty, you can pop by a dealer and they'll tighten it for you for free. At least my dealer did. The service guy (not the service writer, but the guy who's kinda the service "liasion" of sorts) just went out and tightened it for me and had me on my way. this happens often.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Just do it the American way and jam a flathead in there. You can find one that fits

I have a few good sized flatheads, will check after work. Only one has an actual size on it though. ;)

Even if you're out of warranty, you can pop by a dealer and they'll tighten it for you for free. At least my dealer did. The service guy (not the service writer, but the guy who's kinda the service "liasion" of sorts) just went out and tightened it for me and had me on my way. this happens often.

Good to know. Even after that one guy said his was loose and I was all "fuck you", I still haven't checked mine.

EternalFury1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi. My name is stupid. I have a question that I think is 99% "yes" answer. Just got the pp gti calipers for the front and I was wondering if I can use my regular front calipers to replace my rear calipers just to have bigger brakes in the rear?

ILoveButter

Ready to race!
Hi. My name is stupid. I have a question that I think is 99% "yes" answer. Just got the pp gti calipers for the front and I was wondering if I can use my regular front calipers to replace my rear calipers just to have bigger brakes in the rear?

Hey stupid, I've never heard of it being done but you might just need to make a custom bracket. I'd really look into an adjustable proportion valve because having the rears lock up easy isnt fun or safe

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36

Hey stupid, I've never heard of it being done but you might just need to make a custom bracket. I'd really look into an adjustable proportion valve because having the rears lock up easy isnt fun or safe

Interesting idea, but unfortunately wouldn't work. The ebrake is built into the rear calipers. You would need the PP rear calipers to upgrade. This would give you vented rear rotors, which would be a major upgrade from the solid ones on the non-PP.

I guess if you deleted the parking brake you could do whatever you wanted. Most people don't feel a need to upgrade the rears even when moving to larger fronts.

Last edited:

Justis

I'm new how do I do stuff

Basically I want to upload a picture and an Avatar help :confused:

*I get a message that I don't have privileges*

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Basically I want to upload a picture and an Avatar help :confused:

*I get a message that I don't have privileges*

USEP CP at the top of the page -> then on the side nav click edit profile picture

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Do I have to replace the hardware when I install springs if I only have 1500 miles on my car? The VWR springs are going in this weekend.

yes, they are all stretch bolts. You'll get a mixed bag of answers on that one. The right way is to replace them. No, your car won't blow up if you don't but stretch bolts are only meant to be torqued once.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Stupid Question:

Is there a dedicated Golf Sportwagen MK7 thread?

No there is not, but there is on vortex. Vortex seems to be dying a slow death though...

Just use the 1.8 info threads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanD_Dan

DCC and Aftermarket Suspension

Hello all,
1) New to the forum. Before I ask my question, I wanted to say “Thank You” to you all. I have learned so much since I joined recently and it is all because of all you fine folks. You all rock!

2) 2017 Golf R, 6MT w/ DCC
I see a lot of talk about after market suspension improvements here on the forum, yet most of the spring/strut packages I can find online specifically say “not for DCC” or “must buy DCC bypass”. What about sway bars? With my current setup can I replace and receive improvement by upgrading sway bars, without disabling or negatively affecting the DCV or is it best with this car with DCC to just leave it as is and invest in other areas?

I have no specific problem I am trying to solve, just trying to figure out the if’s, what’s, and why’s of DCC. Thinking if a sway bar can make the handling even better.... might try it.

Thanks!