GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chicagoland Chat Thread

DAS_STIG

Banned
Both Shell and Costco gasoline are top tier. But at this time, they are clearly not equal on my car's tune.

Not really analyzing our gas options, but I do drive around with the AP connected every once in a while. And you can see how much timing gets pulled during my commute.

You would be the first person I have seen to say that Costco is considered a top tier. Usually that's just BP shell Mobil. Your own research brings into question whether Costco is truly equal to those.

OBP

Go Kart Newbie
You would be the first person I have seen to say that Costco is considered a top tier. Usually that's just BP shell Mobil. Your own research brings into question whether Costco is truly equal to those.

Well, Top Tier refers to the amount of detergents being blended into the gas.

https://www.toptiergas.com/licensed-brands/

The difference could simply be a difference in octane ratings, since the stated rating should represent the minimum octane.

My last tank of BP was worse than Costco.

CharlieTango

Passed Driver's Ed
Ive heard only good things about costco gas. Just because its branded by a big box store doesnt change the quality. They consistently score very high on quality tests in north america. i would happily use their fuel if there was a location near me

BigStogs

Costco premium has always worked well in my Saab with a V8. Haven’t put it in the GTI as there isn’t one very close to me now. I feel their fuel is more consistent during the change of seasons here in Chicago. I could easily lose 5mpg with some crap gas in the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

earthquake_glue

Passed Driver's Ed
Who needs some maintenance/work done on their car? Having a bit of a financial burden at the moment and am inclined to do work cheaper than normal for the month of Oct. PM me if I can help you with anything.

Lots of you probably need DSG services :p

If I had work to be done, I would in a second! Hope things turn up for you soon!

tylerf0606

Ready to race!
Anyone have some 20 inch wheels for sale? I’m trying to find something for my Tiguan.

DonTuan

Passed Driver's Ed
Who needs some maintenance/work done on their car? Having a bit of a financial burden at the moment and am inclined to do work cheaper than normal for the month of Oct. PM me if I can help you with anything.

Lots of you probably need DSG services :p

I usually do my own maintenance, but if I don't need to get dirty while supporting a local tech why not...

Sending PM