GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chain Dragging type noise when accelerating

kselby

I have been hearing this noise that has been getting worse the last few weeks. Every time I accelerate my car makes this metal dragging sound, a high pitch noise. I took it to the dealer but they don't seem to know what it is so I figured I'd ask here. The noise seems to be more noticeable once I get to second.

I just recently bought it, it's a 2016 with only 10k miles. Car is a DSG SE.

Anybody know what this noise is? You have to turn volume up to hear it, can hear it in the background. Much more noticeable in car: https://photos.app.goo.gl/1gnBWNVcAgcuSjWh9

Dealership just told me this is a normal noise that all GTI make, I really don't believe that though. I cringe when I hear the noise while driving it.

dah90

Ready to race!
I believe the dealership is telling you the truth on this noise. I have noticed that noise on my car since shortly after buying it New. I’m at 34,500 miles and have had zero problems with the powertrain.

LurpyGeek

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the same thing. To my ear, it sounds like a small metal piece rattling somewhere under the console or passenger seat. Seems to happen more when there is someone sitting in the passenger seat.