GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chicagoland Chat Thread

Sandbagger1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Spent the afternoon today at GRD updating my MK7 with APR's down-pipe and stage II ECU tune. Overall happy with the mid-range performance improvement.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Spent the afternoon today at GRD updating my MK7 with APR's down-pipe and stage II ECU tune. Overall happy with the mid-range performance improvement.
Not bad!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma

Aw man, Carson and I could have saved you some money on that dp install. They're good people over at grd though. Glad you like the new performance!

Come back out some time, We're still meeting on thursdays.

Sandbagger1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Downpipe is nicely fabricated and fits well. APR’s downpipe for the MK7 is mostly made from stainless steel castings with a high flow cat located towards the discharge end of the unit. With the cat located farther from the turbo, I would like to believe that it helps reduce turbulence in the exhaust stream leaving the turbo. Anyways, with the new unit the exhaust note is just a little bit louder than stock at lower rpms - my wife didn’t make any comments today while riding in the car and she hates loud cars. Power wise I hope to field test it this Saturday against my supercharged aftercooled RSX, and my son’s K04 MK6. On the fun side with the DSG transmission in sport mode, running on stock tires, and in this crappy cold 29 F weather I can smash the accelerator pedal down and break the tires loose cruising at 40 mph.

Sandbagger1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Aw man, Carson and I could have saved you some money on that dp install. They're good people over at grd though. Glad you like the new performance!

Come back out some time, We're still meeting on thursdays.

Thanks for the offer. You know for the first time after all these years modifying cars this is the first time I didn’t do a mod installation myself - must be getting lazy as I get older.

As for Thursday night meets, you don’t have to twist my arm to get me to attend. Good food and good conversation equals a great time. I’ll see if I can get CiHKAI to come along as well. Nowadays where are the meets held at?

Boondock

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI S
Thanks for the offer. You know for the first time after all these years modifying cars this is the first time I didn’t do a mod installation myself - must be getting lazy as I get older.

As for Thursday night meets, you don’t have to twist my arm to get me to attend. Good food and good conversation equals a great time. I’ll see if I can get CiHKAI to come along as well. Nowadays where are the meets held at?

See this for thursday meet info. Still at Brauerhouse in Lombard!

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29900

reemizzle

Ready to race!
Stopped by GRD. APR springs and eurocode turbo muffler delete. 400 installed not a bad deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanJoy

Ready to race!
This thread is waking up as spring rolls around. I’d like to get a new clutch and DP to go straight to stage 2, but I think I’ll be responsible and get our small wedding paid off first.