GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BFI - Pwrhaus Coilovers for MK7 Golf/GTI

Cooktenstein

Ready to race!
We had a local customer come in and get Pwrhaus coilovers installed on his MK7!

"The ride is very plush even at this height. I'd say better than the VWR springs I had...perhaps better than stock. "

Ive ridden in and driven this car quite a bit and performance suffers greatly with this setup. Sloppy road feel and rubbing for days. These coil overs are strictly for going low and comfort. If performance is what you value, do not buy these. The car looks amazing, and rides soft on regular roads, but a stock GTI would smoke this thing on the back roads. He has since changed to Bilstein with adjustable dampening and the difference is night and day. I know, there a $1000 dollar discrepancy, but saving for something is part of the fun. Not knocking BFI at all, but i feel obligated to put some real world information out there for you guys. I will assure you that the owner will say the same thing. Happy New Year!

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Ive ridden in and driven this car quite a bit and performance suffers greatly with this setup. Sloppy road feel and rubbing for days. These coil overs are strictly for going low and comfort. If performance is what you value, do not buy these. The car looks amazing, and rides soft on regular roads, but a stock GTI would smoke this thing on the back roads. He has since changed to Bilstein with adjustable dampening and the difference is night and day. I know, there a $1000 dollar discrepancy, but saving for something is part of the fun. Not knocking BFI at all, but i feel obligated to put some real world information out there for you guys. I will assure you that the owner will say the same thing. Happy New Year!

Thanks for info. I enjoy BFIs products and have continued to be satisfied with anything I order from them. But it's always good to hear informed reviews. Price doesn't always indicate quality but in most cases it does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
All of them

The New Year is upon us and we want to help you with your resolution to get your project finished in 2017. To make things easier for you we’ve dropped prices on select parts by up to 17% on our webstore. In addition to that we’ve added discounts on some of our other more popular parts lines. So put that holiday money to good use and and pick up some of the parts you didn’t get at an even better price. This will be the last chance to save for quite some time, so don’t miss out!

carbongmk7

Ready to race!
So no comment back on quality after the above users experience? Why would a performance shop carry such a low performance coilover?

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
So no comment back on quality after the above users experience? Why would a performance shop carry such a low performance coilover?

Lol
Yeah that was a big misstep not to even rebuttal

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
All of them

Everyone has their own opinions on various products. Not all coilovers are made to be top of the line, track ready coilovers. The damping on the Pwrhaus coilovers is set up to be a comfortable street solution, not a track set up.

The Pwrhaus coilovers are an inexpensive solution for the customer that wants an entry level coilover that will lower the car to give it a more aggressive look, while also changing up the handling characteristics.

As for the rubbing aspect, that has nothing to do with the coilovers themselves. If the wheel and tire setup is going to cause rubbing due to lowering, it's not going to be affected by the quality of the coilover.

carbongmk7

Ready to race!
Wow that sounds like a cookie cutter response if I have ever heard one. Just because the coilover isnt track ready doesnt mean they cant properly valve the setup so it does not bounce across the road. Not saying these are that bouncey but the point is gotten. I just dont understand companies promoting junk just to make a sale.

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
All of them
Wow that sounds like a cookie cutter response if I have ever heard one. Just because the coilover isnt track ready doesnt mean they cant properly valve the setup so it does not bounce across the road. Not saying these are that bouncey but the point is gotten. I just dont understand companies promoting junk just to make a sale.

We understand that this may not be the setup for everyone, but that doesn't mean that it's necessarily "junk". Everyone has different needs and expectations with any product, and while I can agree that this isn't the setup for everyone, it definitely has it's place.

If you want a lower car without breaking the bank, this is the way to go.

If you need a set of coilovers that can handle extremely high stress track applications, there are other options out there to suit those needs as well.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
We understand that this may not be the setup for everyone, but that doesn't mean that it's necessarily "junk". Everyone has different needs and expectations with any product, and while I can agree that this isn't the setup for everyone, it definitely has it's place.

If you want a lower car without breaking the bank, this is the way to go.

If you need a set of coilovers that can handle extremely high stress track applications, there are other options out there to suit those needs as well.

That was a solid response. Thank you for taking the time to explain this. And thank you for giving the community this option.