GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My spur-of-the-moment Golf R purchase

kevinkar

Drag Racing Champion
He needs to quantify his "quibble" in this regard.
He did quantify - " it sure doesn't park like a small car". Maybe not the most thoughtful way to say it but it's a valid OPINION which, if I'm not mistaken is allowed in conversations.

I offered him a suggestion - turn the wheel more as well as said what YOU said - I think the turning radius is fine.

But my experience is that my GTI turns inside itself, practically. Hence my question: what is his reference point for a car that has a turning radius he *doesn't* quibble with, if in fact he quibbles with the Golf's turning radius?
There you go! That's a mostly reasonable reply. "I think it's OK. What cars are better? Here are some examples...." Why can't you just reply with that? That's how conversations work. Instead of attacking, why not try and convince him where he's mistaken? DISCUSS instead of bash.

CB1111 merely attacked me instead of offering back a civilized reply. You offered up an answer so thank you for that. I'm waiting for CB1111 to provide his glorious input.

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
I believe the turning radius in the GTI is tighter as it comes with smaller wheels but not 100% sure.

Some anecdotal evidence: I visit my parents about once a week and sometimes have to street park and pull a U-turn when im leaving. I can't make that U-turn in 1 go and have to do a 3-point turn in the Golf R. Annoying but not life changing by any means. Some of the previous cars i've driven/owned that can make that U-turn is my Kia Sportage SUV, my mothers Hummer H3, my fathers Jaguar convertible (forget the model) and his Saab convertible. So in my family my car has the worst turning radius despite being the smallest.

It's a very agile car and definitely the favourite car i've ever driven, but i agree with OP that the turning radius is bad.

McJaggleToes

Abundant whining and sour grapes aside...

Golf R: 17.9'
Current STI: 17.72'
Focus RS: 18.7'

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

adam1991

Banned
He did quantify - " it sure doesn't park like a small car".

Did you say you're an engineer?

Please tell us in what field, so we can avoid whatever you're engineering as you quantify things like "well, it's stronger than the other one". I don't want to drive over that bridge.

Maybe not the most thoughtful way to say it but it's a valid OPINION which, if I'm not mistaken is allowed in conversations.

Well, it is--but we're not talking an opinion item here. We're talking about something easily quantifiable--whoops, I'm using big words with you. Sorry 'bout that.

kevinkar

Drag Racing Champion
Did you say you're an engineer?

Please tell us in what field, so we can avoid whatever you're engineering as you quantify things like "well, it's stronger than the other one". I don't want to drive over that bridge.

Well, it is--but we're not talking an opinion item here. We're talking about something easily quantifiable--whoops, I'm using big words with you. Sorry 'bout that.
And I'm the problem here. Right.

kevinkar

Drag Racing Champion
Hey keyboard warrior, You're overthinking things to the point of stupidity, like usual.

Do you get along with anyone, like, ever?

Yeah, really mind blowing stuff, huh? That guy is a clown.

Unfortunately your comments are rarely actually helpful. In fact, I'm 100% sure you have zero idea what you're talking about re automobiles in general. A quick review of your post history pretty directly identifies you as blatantly clueless and unable to get along with anyone.

Everyone please stick to the topic here and limit the back and forth. If you have nothing new or helpful to add here, move it on.

Moderator has spoken.

adam1991

Banned
Moderator has spoken.