GOLFMKV

EventhorizoN VW GTI S build

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I’m planning up running Unitronic Is38 software which is Stage 2+. I’m told that the Air Diverter valve with that ECU combination needed to be upgraded. Thanks for the information, will do more research and dive deeper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it sounds you got some misinformation. The OEM DV for the MK7 is very good. I've only heard of people changing them because they want the noise a BOV makes. I'm running a custom dyno tune on my IS38 with the OEM DV. Tuner said to leave the OEM DV.

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion

Strafe Designs rear diffuser, doing some paint. Clearcoat next

Last edited:

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, it sounds you got some misinformation. The OEM DV for the MK7 is very good. I've only heard of people changing them because they want the noise a BOV makes. I'm running a custom dyno tune on my IS38 with the OEM DV. Tuner said to leave the OEM DV.

It’s not misinformation. The stock Diverter valve is good, but forge Performance blow off valve is better. It fixes leaky boost issues caused by oem seals. Ask your tuner to try both out. The seal on the Forge is larger than stock/oem. There is an awesome video by DAP on YouTube about the forge piece. Take a look! Have a great weekend man!

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
What? Everyone making good power and running consistent track times use the stock valve. Most people that have switched to an aftermarket end up switching backto the OEM valve. Myself included.

I’m going to try both, thank you for the information. It seems like it might just come down to research.

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
A couple of updates. Just added weather guard window visors.

Last edited:

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
Nice car! Love those wheels.

Thank you for the nice message Mikkelz!! I’m really happy with them. ;)

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
Coming along very nicely sir. Get those coils on!

Haha!! Yah it’s a 4x4, but it’s fun to see the process! Thanks buddy! ;) here’s a couple from the morning!

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion

Wavetrac Limited Slip Diff arrived, can’t wait to get it installed!!

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion

Center rear diffuser installed. Waiting on side wings

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
Can't wait to hear your impressions on the wavetrac and BFI clutch kit. When's the big install happening?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks man, can’t wait to install everything. I’m waiting on my APR intercooler and then I’m going to book time with my tuner. Hopefully I can get everything installed in one go. While I’m in there I’m going to try and get my hands on some BBKs. I think this phase of my build will begin in a week or so. :)