GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

burbank2broward's Pure White GTI Sport - "The Comeback" Build

Crackness1

Ready to race!

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
I haven't posted in a while, been pretty busy moving! My wife and I just relocated from South Florida to Tampa. Anyways... I took advantage of some labor day sales and ordered a CTS Turbo High Flow Turbo Inlet Pipe!

I want to tune my car by the end of the year, but I dont know which company to go with...

Everyone is telling me to go APR, but I have had issues with them in the past on my a3. So I'm hesitant. What other companies are there? I know there is UNI, COBB, Jb4, EURODYNE, etc... Any good recommendations?

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
I haven't posted in a while, been pretty busy moving! My wife and I just relocated from South Florida to Tampa. Anyways... I took advantage of some labor day sales and ordered a CTS Turbo High Flow Turbo Inlet Pipe!

I want to tune my car by the end of the year, but I dont know which company to go with...

Everyone is telling me to go APR, but I have had issues with them in the past on my a3. So I'm hesitant. What other companies are there? I know there is UNI, COBB, Jb4, EURODYNE, etc... Any good recommendations?

Congrats on the move!! Hope the humidity is not too bad down there this time of year.

I'm currently APR Stage 1. Very "torque-y". I like it a lot for autocross and the occasional spirited driving. If you don't have an APR dealer close by and care about having to go to them to reflash (if you ever need to go back to stock), than you may want to look elsewhere. If you want to "set it and forget it," they could be a great option.

If/when I decide to go Stage 2, I will likely go with a custom tune (i.e. Stratified) so that the power delivery is designed around my intended use for the car and the tune is built specifically to take advantage of the aftermarket components I have installed. Just my $.02. Good luck!

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Maybe I'll see you around!
I don't go to any meets or anything around here though lol.
Although I live in St. Pete I work in Tampa (Brandon).
There used to be a pretty good group back in the day when I used to participate in the meets (about 10 years ago now) but I have no idea how it is now.

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
So I've been doing research,

And I think I've narrowed down my selections for tunes.

COBB-AP
Stratified Protune
5150 Protune

REVO (set it and forget it)

What are the pros and cons of each?

Last edited:

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
Installed CTS Turbo High Flow Turbo Inlet Pipe today! Haven’t driven the car yet so we’ll see about the butt dyno gains. The build quality is great! I know people have issues with how it’s designed. Overall I’m very happy with it!

Last edited:

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
Update: Just drove the car... damn it pulls harder! 2nd gear is legit. Not sure about the actual gains but def pulls harder on the butt dyno. Even my wife noticed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
Registered for Simply Clean 10 and just placed an order at UroTuning for their Spacer Flush kit (15mm F / 20mm R)! I am going to rock the OEM+ look for a little longer. I want to have a flush setup for the show.

Maybe early next year when my wife and I buy a new house I can buy wheels and store my old ones in the garage (that's my only priority for our new house) haha.

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
Installed my Urotuning Spacer Flush Kit today! Here are some before and afters. I have some slight rubbing in the front when I hit big bumps.

More than likely going to adjust the camber to be the same as the rear : -2 degrees.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
What a difference in looks some spacers make. A few MM's of pushing the wheels out to the fender can go from a hovercraft look to a more aggressive one.

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
So I fixed my rubbing issues last night, had to take both damn front struts out adjust the camber and re install everything back ... stupid VW and their top strut tower nipples. Since I uninstalled everything I had to get an alignment this morning.

Camber is set at -1.9 degrees all around. Here are a couple of shots!

Stock. Rubbing. Camber.