GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 GTI SE front brake pad suggestion

CDM MK7

Ready to race!
Look into the Endless SSM for a pad with zero noise and virtually no dust. Endless makes some of the best brake components on the planet. Expensive, but worth it.

Not 100% sure they make the SSM for our cars, but worth an email to Endless USA for a chat about what your goals are and see if they can help out.

https://endless-sport.global/ca/products/pad_1a/3

pwomble

Passed Driver's Ed
With the OEM pads, did you notice any noise from the rear brakes? Especially when backing up/maneuvering in a parking lot?
The 2018 SE I bought last Saturday has a slight grind on the passenger rear. At low speed it's noticable. No shakes or vibration any time. I took it back to the dealer who of course said nothing was wrong.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jbm119

Ready to race!
Only if parked wet overnight (bit of rotor surface rust).

Same here. After parking for period of time, like over night, couple of break applications are noisy. Then it gets quite. Is this a trait of metallic break pad?
When I switched to ceramic break pad on my previous car, it did not made noise even on first break application.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Same here. After parking for period of time, like over night, couple of break applications are noisy. Then it gets quite. Is this a trait of metallic break pad?

When I switched to ceramic break pad on my previous car, it did not made noise even on first break application.

I believe so. That said, I moved to new rotors and ceramic pads a number of weeks ago and it hasn’t rained here since.

pikolog

Passed Driver's Ed
The 2018 SE I bought last Saturday has a slight grind on the passenger rear. At low speed it's noticable. No shakes or vibration any time. I took it back to the dealer who of course said nothing was wrong.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tried to do a parallel park to a tight spot? The noise is very noticeable :)

Gr33nBunny

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE 6mt
Tried to do a parallel park to a tight spot? The noise is very noticeable :)

I have tons of brake dust up front, but haven't heard anything unusual in the 8k miles I've put on my 2018 SE