GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pure White Weekend Warrior

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
That is super helpful info. Thanks for sharing. I'll probably pull the trigger on some 18x8.5 rse10s in the next couple months. Trying to make my mind up between bronze and hyper black.

I'm having the ceramic coating done by UCC in Andover, MA. They quoted me $995 for a single layer "low solids" coating that they back with a 2-yr warranty and $1295 for a 2-layer coating that is backed by a 5-yr warranty. I decided on the 2-layer coating as it includes a high-solids basecoat, which creates a much stronger bond, has better chemical resistance and better scratch resistance. They top the basecoat with a low solids coating that is know for its hydrphobicity (water beading), slickness, high gloss and reflectivity. Both packages included a full prep of the vehicle including hand wash, extensive cleaning of wheels/tires, claybar and 1-step paint correction.

I'll let you know how it turns out and holds up over time!
Great info! Thanks for letting me know. I think either bronze or black will look amazing. Personally, I would go black with a white car but that is just my taste. I feel it compliments the lines in the body work really well. Here is a shot of what the bronze looks like on mine if it helps at all though.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Great info! Thanks for letting me know. I think either bronze or black will look amazing. Personally, I would go black with a white car but that is just my taste. I feel it compliments the lines in the body work really well. Here is a shot of what the bronze looks like on mine if it helps at all though.

Bronze looks great with your paint color! Also really liking the mud flaps. Are those Rally Armor flaps? How difficult were they to install and are they easily removable? May add just for the winter months.

The Tax Guy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 GTI
Bronze looks great with your paint color! Also really liking the mud flaps. Are those Rally Armor flaps? How difficult were they to install and are they easily removable? May add just for the winter months.

Also curious. These don't require drilling holes do they?

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
Thanks man! Ya, they are rally armor. No holes drilled. The ones I got were roughly $175 straight from rallyarmor.com. There are some generic ones that are cheaper but I sprung for the GTI specific. They do a pretty good job from what I can tell. To be honest, they look a little awkward sticking out of the sides like they do but now that I've got wider tires it's not as bad.

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Here are a few pics of the car i took after picking it up from UCC yesterday. Really happy with the ceramic coating. No swirl marks and the paint has a nice glow to it!

Unfortunately, the weather was a bit cloudy so I'll have to take a few more on a nicer day. I'll let you all know how it holds up.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Chuckable

Ready to race!
Looking good [emoji106]
Interested to hear how the ceramic coating holds up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
Here are a few pics of the car i took after picking it up from UCC yesterday. Really happy with the ceramic coating. No swirl marks and the paint has a nice glow to it!

Unfortunately, the weather was a bit cloudy so I'll have to take a few more on a nicer day. I'll let you all know how it holds up.

Looks awesome. Definitely curious how well it holds up over time.

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Snapped a few more pics today after a quick wash. Used a bit of CarPro Reload after drying at UCC's recommendation. Definitely added a bit more water resistance (as I found out quickly).

Also tested out the GoPro this week. Will edit and have some video up tomorrow.

Last edited:

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Couple POV driving videos from the go pro. Took a trip to the suburbs to visit my parents over the weekend so have some footage in stop and go traffic and a short video of driving the backroads.

City Drive

Casual Backroads

So far, I'm loving the Stage 2 Endurance clutch kit and the BFI mounts. Car feels very solid, pulls hard with zero wheel hop, and downshifts are smooth and accurate. Hoping to have it on the track or on an autoX course soon.

Last edited:

Predatorbird

Ready to race!
Read on another page that you purchased some black emblems off eBay. Please post on here how they fit and which seller you bought them from after you install them.