GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Been reading through this thread but there is a lot O_O

Bought a JB4 the other day, and I'm ready to take the next step beyond just using map 1 or 2 all the time. Car is actually an A3, but the support on Audi forums is ridiculously, hilariously lacking in comparison to this thread alone. Seems like all the good stuff is dicussed here JB4 wise.

So here it is....
2015 A3, 2.0T Quattro, S-tronic, stock is20.
CTS catless downpipe, JB4, soon to have a modified intake, and an intercooler on the horizon.

I am from Washington, and we have been having uncharacteristically hot weather here this summer (it was 95 where I live today). Because of that, I have been running map-2 at night, and map-1 in the heat of the day. I'm still trying to figure out these maps, so any direction would be a welcome gesture :) I want to start tuning my own map-6 but am unsure where to start.

First thing first...how do I post pictures logs to this forum? It always tells me my picture size is too large, but the other forums I'm on that use this same forum program don't require that at all, so I can't figure out how to post screen caps of my logs. I notice a lot of people use some thing called data zap? What is the preffered method for posting logs???

Datazap is definitely preferable to screen grabs of the logs. Go here and create an account https://datazap.me then I would suggest deleting your VIN # from logs before uploading it to datazap, just for privacy. Once you have an account the interface is pretty user friendly.

What octane fuel are you running? Any blending with ethanol available up there? I was seeing 8 degrees of timing advance on E25 (blended with 91) on Map 1 in 90 degree heat. In my case when it’s that hot I don’t feel the need for anything beyond Map 1.

Since you said you already switch maps all the time I would suggest posting a Map 1 and a Map 2 log and going from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jibbajoe

Passed Driver's Ed
im running map6 with an ~e30 blend. Is it a problem if my intake temps are getting into the 120s even if i'm gettin 0 timing correction on ign2-5?

i really dont want to have to get an intercooler. I'm not tracking the car or anything.

jibbajoe

Passed Driver's Ed
Heat kills timing. It's fine, you just aren't getting max power.

ok thats good to know. I know im leaving power on the table. My map6 isnt even that aggressive compared to what most people run, but its my daily driver so im not bothered. Its essentially my fall-time map6 but added e85 so i can still run it in 90° summer temps. Thanks Diggs

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
I've been running E30 and literally have zero corrections in 95 degree heat! Highly recommend if you can find it, makes a lot of difference

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Us fucks in the PNW, least Portland metro have 1 e85 station. Jays garage.
After that I have to drive to Seattle or California. It sucks.

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Meh, Im not installing a meth kit in my daily. Another thing i got to fuss with and uninstall when its trade in time. But yes meth does indeed work.

Erikwithak05

Thanks folks! I'll setup an account, and play around with datazap then.

Another question...

I read a lot here about absolute vs addative, but I don't really understand it. How do you switch between them, and why? Under what conditions? Pros/cons?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Thanks folks! I'll setup an account, and play around with datazap then.

Another question...

I read a lot here about absolute vs addative, but I don't really understand it. How do you switch between them, and why? Under what conditions? Pros/cons?

You can either add boost to what the ECU requests or completely ignore it and run whatever you want. The ECU requests varying boost based on many factors. Additive will always add psi over ECU and is safest to use but has limits to how much you can add. Absolute you can go further but that increases chances of something going wrong if you don't know what you are doing. Also, unless you constantly tweak absolute it can be too strong or too weak.

If you target 23psi using map6 in 90 degree heat at 4000 rpm you are more than likely only going 3psi above ECU as it will target 20psi because it is hot and air is less dense. If you had left it on map1 it would have targeted around 4psi, so map1 would be stronger in that rpm range.

Say winter rolls around and at that same rpm ECU now only needs 17psi to hit torque target (denser air). Now your 23psi target is 6 psi over stock, which is now stronger than map1.

roystr

Ready to race!
I have 1750 miles on my new clutch (FCP Euro TTRS kit) and would like to take advantage of the holding power. My current map 6 settings are:

1500 0
2000 2.0
2500 3.0
3000 3.0
3500 4.0
4000 5.0
4500 6.0
5000 7.0
5500 6.0
6000 6.0
6500 6.0
7000 5.0

FOL 50

I'd like to turn the boost up a bit more everywhere but especially down low since the clutch can take it. What do you recommend, @Diggs24?

Mods: TTRS SRE clutch, CTS catted downpipe, 91 octane gas (with occasional access to 94)

Thanks!

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I have 1750 miles on my new clutch (FCP Euro TTRS kit) and would like to take advantage of the holding power. My current map 6 settings are:

1500 0
2000 2.0
2500 3.0
3000 3.0
3500 4.0
4000 5.0
4500 6.0
5000 7.0
5500 6.0
6000 6.0
6500 6.0
7000 5.0

FOL 50

I'd like to turn the boost up a bit more everywhere but especially down low since the clutch can take it. What do you recommend, @Diggs24?

Mods: TTRS SRE clutch, CTS catted downpipe, 91 octane gas (with occasional access to 94)

Thanks!

Would need to see a log. Surprised you can run +7 on that ACN91 shit.

1500 2.0
2000 3.0
2500 4.0
3000 4.5
3500 5.0

roystr

Ready to race!
^^^ Great, thanks! Will get some datalogs for you.

It's hot AF out here right now. Been 100+ for like 12 straight days, but I don't drive it hard when it's that warm. I have some opportunity in the morning and will do it then.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG

Where is this station with 94 octane here in socal?!

Would need to see a log. Surprised you can run +7 on that ACN91 shit.

There are some ppl here running the NPM in race mode (+7 psi) on ACN91, even in this heat. I've always wondered how their logs look like (if they could log). I know some of them go into limp mode though

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Bagy88

Hi Everyone :)
I drive a Cupra 280 DSG with JB4 on a Map 6 (DP, DV+ & K&N Panel Filter)

1500-15
2000-16
2500-17
3000-18
3500-21
4000-23
4500-23
5000-23
5500-20
6000-19
6500-18
7000- 17

Some log from another day:
https://datazap.me/u/bagy/map-6-094...4-6-9-11-14-19&trim=0&tmin=129.09&tmax=263.25

But yesterday i was driving on the German Autobahn and the car is not performing like I was hoping. In the 6 Gear on 2000-3500 RPM (Normal cruising) I have some weird acceleration feeling, pulsating on partial throttle. When I try to WOT in the 5 gear the car is having a “stop” on 5000rpm and after a second he continues to accelerate.
The Problem is, I have no log from that drive. On that day we had 93.2 °F, but the acceleration in 1-4 Gear was normal. Only on >=5 Gear I had this stop on 5000rpm.

What can it be? It’s better to drive on a relative map for a normal driving experience and hot summers?

p.s. I use 98 Gasoline (in Europe 102 Octane) and sorry for the grammar :)