GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Colored wheels

The Tax Guy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 GTI
Searched and didn't find any threads dedicated to colored wheels.

I am curious to see if anyone has red Alleggerita wheels...preferably on white.
Unfortunately google didn't really have any results. Not sure I am bold enough to pull that off. Curious if anyone else on here is lol

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Yeah I am. Quite astute of you sir. Never would have considered them, but I think the value on them is pretty good, even at the listed price now.

Aren't too many floating around so they easily came to mind hah.
But yeah even though those tires are not great, for the price it is not a bad deal.
I would just make sure they balance out ok because of the bend.
I could not locate it in the pictures so it must not be too bad...unless it is on the barrel side.

The Tax Guy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 GTI
Aren't too many floating around so they easily came to mind hah.
But yeah even though those tires are not great, for the price it is not a bad deal.
I would just make sure they balance out ok because of the bend.
I could not locate it in the pictures so it must not be too bad...unless it is on the barrel side.

Yeah neither could I. New they run $1,800 a set which is why I am tempted. Not sure I can pull off that look though lol

Closest thing I could find to the look would be:

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
I would go ahead and get them if you think you can pull it off.
Worst case, you can probably get what you paid for them if you decide to sell...
Even if you have to sit on em for a bit...

The Tax Guy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 GTI
Yeah I just might. I got a pic of the bend and doesn't appear to be bad. They could always be my winter set lol

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
That too!
OZ's tend to be a softer wheel, so it's not out of the ordinary for them to acquire bends.
Just make sure you inspect them for cracks around the bend.
I think the Ultralegerra are more prone to them, but still definitely make sure you inspect them all closely on the inner barrel lip and around the base of the spokes.

The Tax Guy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 GTI
Yeah that is a good point. Only concern I have is that the rash would be more costly to fix since the color is not standard. Not sure how they fix rash, but I would imagine it would need to be resprayed.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Honestly for some $800 wheels I would just find a paint of some sort (like a red paint pen or even just a generic red touch up paint) that is close to matching and just fill in the rash myself...
Chances are you wont even be able to notice unless you are looking right at it from a foot away...