GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Trade?

Parabola

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI, 22 Tiguan
Anybody went from GTI to something completely different...like 4Runner? Went to test drive 4Runner, would love one...but can't keep both cars.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
What exactly do you want from a vehicle? The new 4runners are super cool, we have a customer who had us mod his for the....um.... that one big offroad event... fuck. Ah the Rubicon! I had to think of the Jeep named after it in order to remember. We also have another customer who had us mod his for use as a pre-runner for the baja 500....5000... whatever. I only car about F1 and WRC.

RebelGTI1

Passed Driver's Ed
This is not exactly "completely different" but I'd love to see the new S4 Avant brought to the US.

ChronicSPD

Ready to race!
Thought about trading my 06 GMC 2500HD AND my 17 GTI for a 2016 GMC 2500hd Duramax. Awesome truck, and ventilated seats are amazing. I don't really wanna daily something that big though. I also tossed around the idea of a new Grand Cherokee. Again, awesome and ventilated seats (noticing a trend)! But I don't want to pull a car hauler with a Jeep.

Long story short... The GTI is the perfect fast daily driver for me, and I just get bored with vehicles too quick. I'll keep it for another year and continue to mod.

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Just depends on your lifestyle, my friend has a white trd 4runner and it looks really great with the stormtrooper look but I personally would rather drive my GTI as a daily city cruiser, it just brings a smile on face every time I merge onto the freeway etc I couldn't give up..either way both great cars[emoji41][emoji106]

Sent from my Gavin Belson black box signature edition

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
trucks are nice but not fun. I have an older Taco because truck and they drive OK. If you enjoy driving you'll miss a fun car. Unless you have a need for something 4 Runner size (or capabilities) I'd pass.

TTU14

I went from a 350z to a Ram 1500 and now to my GTI. Having a truck was nice, but 99% of the time I was just using it to commute to work. Spending $60+ a week on gas, $1000 for tires and barely fitting in the parking sports at work got old. I might eventually move back into something bigger, but for now, the GTI is perfect.

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
Just depends on your lifestyle, my friend has a white trd 4runner and it looks really great with the stormtrooper look but I personally would rather drive my GTI as a daily city cruiser, it just brings a smile on face every time I merge onto the freeway etc I couldn't give up..either way both great cars[emoji41][emoji106]

Sent from my Gavin Belson black box signature edition
This. If it's a better fit to your needs, go for it.

racerx20

Ready to race!
trucks are nice but not fun. I have an older Taco because truck and they drive OK. If you enjoy driving you'll miss a fun car. Unless you have a need for something 4 Runner size (or capabilities) I'd pass.

I agree 100%. I drove my Ram 1500 daily for a year and it's a great comfortable rig, but no fun factor. My wife daily's it now and she loves the size of it, I bought the GTI :D

PestilentDefiler

I actually sold a 4th gen 4runner to get the mk7.5. The 4runner was great for carrying a ton of stuff and generally not giving a damn, but there is zero excitement driving a big SUV. It really just depends on what your family needs are and nobody else can make that choice for you.

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
I have both, the wife drive the 4runner, which I bought for her :) and looks like a monster truck.. haha
I drive it during the week-ends. I do love it!
I'll have to post a pick, its a 2015 4runner limited with after market rims and 1.3 inch spacers...

Parabola

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI, 22 Tiguan
I do have the need occasionally for a larger vehicle, and yeah most of the time it would be just driving it to work and back. This was actually my wife's idea as she thinks we could benefit from a larger "household" vehicle, but she doesn't want to drive anything larger than a GSW...go figure. So right of the bat I said I am not driving crossovers, nor minivans...but I always liked 4runners ;).
Anyway, I am not completely sold on the idea either, if I could somehow keep the GTI. GTI has been flawless for the 3+ years of ownership and it does provide fun drive in otherwise boring commute everyday.

Forgot to mention, I actually test drove Atlas 3.6 4motion, that thing was fucking huge, felt kind of sluggish, drive didn't really impress me.

Squareroot

Passed Driver's Ed
Very interesting to see all the people who moved from a full size truck to a gti. I literally thought I was the only person to move from the"biggest" vehicle possible to nearly the smallest. The gti is so awesome and perfect that I miss the truck almost none. I'm definitely a habitual car switcher but I think I'm done with big unwieldy vehicles for a long while.

Flying Fish

I own a 4th gen V8 Limited 4Runner and a MK7 GTI. Best of both worlds. I daily the 4Runner and weekend the GTI.