GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Digital Cockpit Updates

FlyGuyDEN

Passed Driver's Ed
Just a general question. Has anyone spoken with VWOA (etc) or VW dealership re: DC updates coming in the future? I ask because it would be nice to have Apple Maps in the display or the nav map fill the unused space when you make the dials smaller.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
VWoA will tell you to see your dealer. You'll never get any updates like that to your current car even if you're willing to pay for them. Keep watch for what the ROW gets for 2019, etc. We might get what they get, maybe not, but you'll need to buy a new car.

Last edited:

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
That would be a new feature so no it won't happen. Adding carplay/android auto would be a significant update and would probably be something for the MK8.

An example is when they added the performance page on the centre dash screen to the R (for 2017 i think) they wouldn't add it to any of the previous models even though the hardware was the same and they would support it.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
That would be a new feature so no it won't happen. Adding carplay/android auto would be a significant update and would probably be something for the MK8.

An example is when they added the performance page on the centre dash screen to the R (for 2017 i think) they wouldn't add it to any of the previous models even though the hardware was the same and they would support it.

I only heard of one person on here who got the PM done. I tried, even offered to pay for it, and was told no. I did use VCDS to add High Beam Assist, but the PM software isn't already there and available to activate like HBA.

FlyGuyDEN

Passed Driver's Ed

Yes they wouldn't add it to my 2016 GTI Autobahn even though it was totally capable of it. #eyeroll #tesladoesthisbetter #thatpricetho

CanadianR

Passed Driver's Ed
In dash CarPlay was a feature announced as part of iOS 10 at WWDC 2016. I suspect displaying it in the digital dash would require some extra hardware to carry and process the data.