GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

joofcorn

Ready to race!
Ah. I was running 23 psi with E85 mix. Still no need to limit boost per gear. I am IS20, APR tuned, downpipe with catback, DSG tuned with 4K launch and no traction issues yet.

Did you set 6cyl timing from zero to one. That turns the nanny off and allows you to run more boost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably still have that set at 0. I noticed I am getting some timing pull through a decent amount of the rev range. I'll probably also try dropping target 1psi for the time being and get some more data.

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
I've never run. The closest track to me shut down this past year. Plus I'm fwd, so unless I invest in some slicks, it will be hard to launch. I've run a few cars on the highway though to see where I stack up. On e25ish, I ran a previous generation Cayman S up to 120 and was dead even. I also had a couple of hundred pounds of shit in the back and a full tank as well. I ran a 2011 X5m from 55 up and put a few cars on him. Just last week I ran a New Stinger GT and was pulling ahead by about 2 cars until the speed limiter kicked in. So I feel safe to say I'm probably even with a 112 mph trap speed car.

I can say I am definitely faster with the tune but I never pushed the JB4 like you did. I couldn't get the timing you were getting and I never ran the JB4 with a downpipe. I think it depends on who you use for the tune as well but yeah you can get pretty close with the JB4. I was tired of all the playing around and decided to go with the flash and enjoy the drive.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Just for my own knowledge, and firmware updates coming soon?

joofcorn

Ready to race!
Made some changes to Map 6. Boost number are looking much better (actually boosting over targets), but timing isn't great, and also still getting some timing pull (less now though). It was hot (mid 90s).

Map 4: https://datazap.me/u/joofcorn/map-4-vs-6?log=0&data=1-4-11-14-25-26-27-28
Map 6: https://datazap.me/u/joofcorn/map-4-vs-6?log=1&data=1-3-4-11-14-25-26-27-28

Settings right now look like this:

1500: 7.9
2000: 9.9
2500: 12.1
3000: 14.2
3500: 16.5
4000: 17.7
4500: 18
5000: 17.7
5500: 16.7
6000: 14.1
6500: 12.1
7000: 9.2

FOL: 60

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
For super hot weather that timing actually doesn't look too bad. For colder weather I would imagine your logs would look damn near perfect. You are getting a lot more boost than you request down super low, which only seems to affect your timing after 3500rpm. Maybe for hot weather safety you should decrease your boost at 3500-4500rpm. I think I would set it to:
3500: 15.5
4000: 16.5
4500: 17.5
I bet your timing later in the rev range will increase as well by doing this.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Hey you guys on map 6, have you gone to a colder spark plug or upgraded coils? If so, which did you go with? I’m going to be doing a downpipe soon along with a map 6 build and I was wondering if it would be good to drop to a colder plug at this point.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i

joofcorn

Ready to race!
interesting that now the real boost is lower than requested rather than higher like before. That seems like a weird amount of variation.

Yeah still not sure why that one log was over boosting. I did adjust my boost in the lower RPM range up a bit higher, might be having an effect. In a couple other logs later today after it heated up, I did start getting a bit of timing pull. So most of my timing pull may be mostly heat related.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Got some big number out of this 1.8T Row IS38 car. Its got IS20 Racingline software on the backend.
Fuel is 70% 93 and the balance Toluene which has major knock resistance.

26psi peak taper to 22.

Steenbeek

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi guys

Today I upgraded firmware to 6B and now I have two codes showing up all the time. 3AD2 (rail pressure) and 3BEF (boost pressure not reached). I can not get rid of them. If I read codes they are there. If I hit the delete codes button they are still there. And if I hit show saved codes there are like 10 times the same stored codes.
But if I read the ECU with f.e. torque pro app there is no code. Is this a bug?

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i

TJN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S
Hi guys

Today I upgraded firmware to 6B and now I have two codes showing up all the time. 3AD2 (rail pressure) and 3BEF (boost pressure not reached). I can not get rid of them. If I read codes they are there. If I hit the delete codes button they are still there. And if I hit show saved codes there are like 10 times the same stored codes.
But if I read the ECU with f.e. torque pro app there is no code. Is this a bug?
I have 3A44 code appeared after the 6B update that won't clear now.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk