GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VCDS - Enable Display of Gear while in D & S

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
UPDATE. I revisited this after months of being really disappointed at not being able to see the gear # next to D/S, so I fired up the ol' OBDeleven and tried again. As before, I got the same error (Error 71 function not available). So I tried switching diagnostic service modes to VW diagnostic mode, and voila! In that mode the change took effect! Results were instantly verified. I am so happy now. This feature should have been provided stock.

Can you post a full walkthrough of what we need to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TJN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S
Do you mind sharing how to access the diagnostic mode? I'm trying to code this in wife's MQB Tiguan but getting not supported error.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

TJN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S
UPDATE. I revisited this after months of being really disappointed at not being able to see the gear # next to D/S, so I fired up the ol' OBDeleven and tried again. As before, I got the same error (Error 71 function not available). So I tried switching diagnostic service modes to VW diagnostic mode, and voila! In that mode the change took effect! Results were instantly verified. I am so happy now. This feature should have been provided stock.
Do you mind sharing how to access the diagnostic mode? I'm trying to code this in wife's MQB Tiguan but getting not supported error.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk