GOLFMKV

Is the DSG still one of the best?

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG

adam1991

Banned
If you can walk you should be able to clutch...

...says the ignorant millenial who's never had an injury in his life, no doubt because you can't get injured sitting at a computer desk 24/7.

Just wait until you're older. You'll get up to go to the bathroom, and your left ankle or knee will suddenly give out, permanently and with no warning--and you'll have to give up your clutch. That day.

Shit happens.

anyway, DSG is on the way out from GTI, manual will outlive it.

...says the ignorant millenial who can't see the obvious, that manual transmissions are all but dead because of engineering, regulatory, and customer requirements.

Parabola

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI, 22 Tiguan
...says the ignorant millenial who's never had an injury in his life, no doubt because you can't get injured sitting at a computer desk 24/7.

Just wait until you're older. You'll get up to go to the bathroom, and your left ankle or knee will suddenly give out, permanently and with no warning--and you'll have to give up your clutch. That day.

Shit happens.

...says the ignorant millenial who can't see the obvious, that manual transmissions are all but dead because of engineering, regulatory, and customer requirements.

This "millenial" has been on the road for 24 yrs, so you do the math...as long as I can walk I'll work the clutch and I'll keep taking chances on my bathroom trips.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
This "millenial" has been on the road for 24 yrs, so you do the math...as long as I can walk I'll work the clutch and I'll keep taking chances on my bathroom trips.

I'm with adam1991. You're only 40, still a kid compared to me. Let's see if you're driving a manual in 20-30 years. You'll find being able to walk has little bearing on whether you can constantly work a clutch pedal. Then again, a little girl can work a stock GTI clutch, with it's hydraulic assist, as long as her knee is good.

You ever own a 70's big-block GM car with an aftermarket HD clutch? No hydraulic assist back then. I was going to buy a friend's 454 El Camino that would do 10's. His aftermarket clutch was probably twice as heavy than the OEM HD Corvette clutch I installed in my big-block Trans Am, but he had a lot more power than my car. I would have put in a lighter clutch but it wouldn't have held.

DP03

Ready to race!
I love driving sticks, but as a DD, for my commute, it would be painful. Added benefit of the DSG to me is a definite performance advantage. I don't care how good of a stick driver you are, you are not shifting as fast as the DSG.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
SSDD

wbw

Ready to race!
Lol @ this turning into a pissing match about which millennials have been driving longer and a dsg vs manual debate. About par for the course I'd say.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

If there is one thing I've learned in the short time that I've been on this forum, it's that this group loves to argue. About everything.