GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help me pick spacers and springs!

crazyrider

Hello Guys,

Picked up a new GTI (2017) as a commute car and really loving it so far!

The wheel gap is killing me and I am planning to buy spacers and springs asap. Originally, I had plans to buy new wheels but the 18" Austins have grown on me and add that character to the car.

I know that VWR springs seem to be popular here but would like to know your thoughts on Neuspeed Racing springs which drop the car further.

Also, whichever springs I go, will the 15mm/20mm spacer combo give that flush look?

TIA!

P.S: I tried to search as much as possible but didnt find a lot of consensus on the OEM Austin/ spacers combo

Wetelvis

Ready to race!
20mm rear and 15mm front will be great!! As for Springs I can’t say but what I’ve got, HR Sport spring dropped about inch and a quarter.

Wetelvis

Ready to race!

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wetelvis

Ready to race!
I’m running on 19 now without the spacers but 45 offset and no issues. I could use 5-7mm on rear but am happy with they the way it is for now.
Your car looks great and look forward seeing it dropped!!

nype

Drag Racing Champion
ECS tuning flush kit spacers and VW Driver Gear springs. Austins initially and now on VW Goals (basically same spec).

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Thx man. Let me know if you have any questions about the DG springs.

Cptnjosh

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Sport
Thx man. Let me know if you have any questions about the DG springs.

Hey Nype- the car looks perfect! What are your impressions on the DG springs compared to stock? The stock springs handled well enough for me except for the squat and dive. Do the DGs help a bit in this regard.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Hey Nype- the car looks perfect! What are your impressions on the DG springs compared to stock? The stock springs handled well enough for me except for the squat and dive. Do the DGs help a bit in this regard.

Thx. They definitely firm up the ride but not too much so. Car feels more planted. Really should have come like this from the factory.

Since they don’t drop as much as many of the other springs, they should also put less wear on the stock struts. Another reason why I chose mild/moderate drop springs.