GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Roc-Euro- What gives?

Cptnjosh

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Sport
Weird, I got a shipping notification this week. I had given up hope.

mk7gti2.0

Ready to race!
I ordered my drivetrain stabilizer a CPL months back and had the same thing happen to me, they kept saying they was waiting on the bolt to arrive. Took about 5 or 6 weeks but finally got it in.it makes a good bit if difference for the price but the customer service sucks. I even tried to cancel the order several times and each time the guy was like I will not be the account but never would let me follow through on canceling.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Jeezzzz. I am super tempted to put my OE back on now.
Same, but to be fair, this was probably an earlier version of the part.

Who knows though. That's scary af
Curious how both of yours look like now.

Mine (bought with their bolt on Black Friday '17) is still in a box, waiting to be installed with BFI Stage 1 engine, transmission, and dogbone insert kit.

Also wonder if I should just use an OE bolt from the dealer instead of the one from Roc-Euro.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
The big bolt isn't being questioned is it? That's an OE part whether you re-use, buy from dealer, or get it from Roc. It's the small bolts that connect it to the transmission.

I peeked under mine and everything looked tight. Garage is a mess right now so no room for a thorough examination. I've never retorqued and never felt any movement.

I think I had the first install here back in September or something, was my first mod.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

nate704

Go Kart Champion
I applied torque stripes on all three bolts, and I checked them after 5 month of daily driving(70 miles a day) including 40+ WOT pulls for JB4 logging, and I did not see any of them got loosened at all.

mursepaolo

Ready to race!
I've had no problems whatsoever with it. I'm under my car a lot and it looks the same as the day I installed it.

MadMen

Ready to race!
No problems at all with mine on my GTI for several months. Was as tight as it was when taken off as it was when put on. Just installed it on the S3.

EmptyHeaded

Passed Driver's Ed
I had the opposite experience than most in this thread.

John was very responsive to my questions, including why shipping charges were so high to California. He was clear on lead times (said he needed to make more parts at the time I ordered), adjusted the shipping costs, and kept me suitably informed on progress. It did take a little while to get the parts, but my expectations of that were clear based on his communication. Installing the bar today.