For sale is a 2015 VW GTI SE with Lighting Package

Overview:
  • Original Owner
  • Carbon Steel Gray Metallic
  • Lighting Package
  • 6-Speed Manual Transmission
  • Purchase Date: 12/23/14
  • Current Mileage: 23,5xx
  • Condition: adult-driven, immaculate, near showroom, non-smoker, no pet, no food inside the car
  • Oil Change: every 4-5K period
  • Shell 91-oct gas and nothing else
  • No accidents, all original paint
  • To say the car is clean would be a bit understatement, but I let the pics speak for themselves

I purchased this car with the intention of keeping this car for 7 years or more and have maintained it like it's my first born child. I'm a 39-year-old car enthusiast with a long history of German cars in the family (E34, E36 318, E36 M3, Z3M Coupe, E46 Wagon). I have the opportunity to get an F80 M3. Although I would love to keep the GTI, my wife told me to pick one and only one car. So here I am. :p

The car has some tasteful modifications. It was properly broken-in. I drive very conservatively on the road, though I enjoy spirited drives in the mountains and have taken the car to 4 track days. I don't do burn-outs, redlight or mexico runs, etc. Oil temperature is always brought up to a minimum of 180 before going over 3K or getting boost. Although this is my daily driver, I live 9 miles from the office and travel 3 weeks out of the month. I take Lyft to get to the airport and leave the car at home (always garaged).

I have everything (yes, I mean everything) that originally came with the car (keys, manuals, stickers, etc.). I keep all documents, receipts, etc. in a 3-ring binder. I financed the car for the first year, but paid off the loan then. So title is on hand. Dealer estimated the new M3 will be delivered in the first week of February. Ideally, I'd like to sell the car then, but if buyer needs immediately, I'm totally okay. There are many pictures I included below. I can email high-resolution files if needed. I welcome pre-purchase inspection at buyer's expense.

Car Add-Ons:
  • VW Platinum Extended Warranty to 7 Years or 70K Miles
  • Window Tint (including the tiny windows by dashboard)
  • Full Front Clear Bra (bumper, fog lights, headlights, mirrors, partial hood)
  • CQuartz Ceramic Coating
  • OEM Splash Guard
  • OEM All-Weather Carpet Mats
  • OEM Trunk Mat
  • OEM Lower Engine Cover
  • OEM Door Sill Covers
  • Two Set of Wheels (Neuspeed with Summer Tires, Stock with Winter Tires)
  • Curt 1.25" Hitch (I only use this for a bike carrier, not towing)
2 Sets of wheels included in the sale:
Stock 18x7.5" wheels are paired with 225/40R18 Pirelli Sottozoro S3 winter tires with 10mm & 15 mm spacers
Neuspeed Hyper Black RSe10 18x8" wheels are paired with 225/40R18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires with 3mm & 5mm spacers
Both wheel sets are near flawless. There's one tiny nick on the Neuspeed. Both were ceramic coated.

AWE exhaust system includes both Touring and Track mid-pipe. Touring mid-pipe has a resonator that dampens the sound quite a bit. Track mid-pipe is basically a straight pipe. It's loud and aggressive. Touring mid-pipe is currently installed. Swapping between the two takes about half an hour on ramps. Both are included in the sale.

Aside from exterior ceramic coating, car is fully detailed (by myself) at least once a month. Exterior is coated with butter wax from Chemical Guys and interior is cleaned and conditioned with Chemical Guys products.
Passenger and rear seats are hardly used. I put protective mats under the kids' car seats to protect the leather. Leather is practically flawless.

Maintenance History

Modification History

All stock parts are available and will be included in the sale. They are well-packed and stored in basement. You will need a u-haul to move everything. They will not fit inside the car.

Car is perfect, mechanically and electrically. I just brought it to VW dealer for 30K 3-Year maintenance on December 2.
As a full disclosure, the car experienced a turbo failure in June '17. I was doing a data logging for Freektune and the turbo failed. If you're familiar with the early turbo issue, you can skip to the next paragraph. If you're not, this is a well-known issue for early build cars (Aug '14 to Mar '15, mine is Nov '14 build date) which has happened to both stock and modified cars. Though, some have reported the same issue happen with MY16 and MY17 cars, although the occurrences are less.

I had the car towed to the dealer after uninstalling AP and dealer replaced the factory turbo with the latest revision and intercooler. I have put ~4K miles after this repair and the car and turbo have been nothing but stellar.

With Cobb Accessport, I have MAPerformance Stage 1 and 2 files. I also custom tuned via Freek Tune. I have all the revision files and will provide the history to the buyer. The car runs great with Freek Tune on Denver's 91-octane and at elevation.

What does the car need?
Practically nothing now. The Michelin Pilot Sport tires are pretty worn, but still have 2-4K miles depending on how you drive.

Most Recent Pictures

Earlier Pictures

AWE Exhaust and Downpipe

ST Suspension

Hitch

Contact and Asking Price

Name: Indi Soesilo
Phone: (920) 252-1006
Email: isoesilo@yahoo.com

Asking Price: $24,000 OBO
I understand my asking price is on the high side. I based this on average private party sell price and 50% of the value of all the modifications.
I prefer to sell the car with all the modifications, but would be willing to listen to offers and explore other options.

Phew... that's a long post, but I believe I have presented the car with honesty and with the level of details that I would be expecting when searching for a used car.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

moonluv810

Ready to race!
Original post updated with the following additional information.

2 Sets of wheels included in the sale:
Stock 18x7.5" wheels are paired with 225/40R18 Pirelli Sottozoro S3 winter tires with 10mm & 15 mm spacers
Neuspeed Hyper Black RSe10 18x8" wheels are paired with 225/40R18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires with 3mm & 5mm spacers
Both wheel sets are near flawless. There's one tiny nick on the Neuspeed. Both were ceramic coated.

AWE exhaust system includes both Touring and Track mid-pipe. Touring mid-pipe has a resonator that dampens the sound quite a bit. Track mid-pipe is basically a straight pipe. It's loud and aggressive. Touring mid-pipe is currently installed. Swapping between the two takes about half an hour on ramps. Both are included in the sale.

Aside from exterior ceramic coating, car is fully detailed (by myself) at least once a month. Exterior is coated with butter wax from Chemical Guys and interior is cleaned and conditioned with Chemical Guys products.
Passenger and rear seats are hardly used. I put protective mats under the kids' car seats to protect the leather. Leather is practically flawless.