GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tornado Red TSI Build

rstaylor25

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey everyone,

Very happy to finally have a MK7 to contribute to the forums! I had been waiting a little over two months for the dealer to find a 5 Speed TSI in Tornado Red with the convenience package. The team at VW of Peterborough here in Ontario did an amazing job finding one for me, and I couldn't be happier!

As it is brand new and being my very first new car that is worth "building" this will be slow build, but will feature quality parts. I wanted to start a thread to document the work I put into it over the next years to come, so I hope you all enjoy the content I provide with this, plus this forum could use some more TSI content haha.

Current plans:

Wheels:
Been looking for some S4 Peelers, Durbans or Lagunas although I am also leaning towards some Konig Oversteers as they are in my price range new and I love their look.

Suspension:
VWR/Driver Gear springs to help keep my warranty and comfort.
Rear sway bar as the car tends to roll a lot in stock form.

Engine:
Engine mods won't happen for quite some time, as I am just enjoying the stock power and getting to learn the car, but we will see how long that lasts.

Exhaust:
I've been looking at several catbacks now, but I may try to find a GTI rear valence for the look as well it opens up a few more options.

Transmission:
Going to leave the trans alone, I really enjoy the comfort of the throws and shifts but a nice BFI or Euro Impulse knob is something I would like to get.

I look forward to everyone's input and comments, I am super stoked to finally have this car!

Pics:

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
congrats! Feel free to browse my thread!

eurospek

Just finished watching Fast&Fu
How much did you pay?

dynamicircuitry

Just got a 2015 highline 5sp. Southern Ontario too! I miss my dart, but really I don't miss it.

Love the red! I had to take my badges off though.

I think the only thing I'll do is a CDV delete and some new rims eventually, still on the fence about grabbing up the magnaflow exhaust since I don't plan on tuning.
Congrats :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ChrisTSI

Ready to race!

Just got a 2015 highline 5sp. Southern Ontario too! I miss my dart, but really I don't miss it.

Love the red! I had to take my badges off though.

I think the only thing I'll do is a CDV delete and some new rims eventually, still on the fence about grabbing up the magnaflow exhaust since I don't plan on tuning.
Congrats :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hey I'm from southern ontario as well, and honestly i have a JB4, but even when i go stock my exhaust sounds nice , i had a custom made 2.5 inch magna flow exhaust , now its a 2.5 inch straight pipe catback. But the exhaust makes the car sound nice , crackles and pops.

rstaylor25

Passed Driver's Ed
Quick update,

I picked up a set of Lagunas yesterday from a cool dude with a MK6 Wolfsburg GTI who swapped to some Motorsports. They're in pretty decent shape and I absolutely love how they look on the MK7! Over the winter im going to set aside some money for new tires as the current ones on them are pretty well shot.

With these wheels on I feel more and more obligated to get springs now haha

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Love those wheels! Using spacers?

Mk5Dom

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2.0 TDI CRBC