GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R Stereo post market upgrades

Please post any upgrades you've made to your Golf R stereo and/or speakers and comment as to whether it has made a significant difference in sound quality. Thanks!
note: my bio says I drive a 2018 Golf R, and, er um, that's true if you have also have a time machine like mine.

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
No idea. I looked when I got my base model 2016 R and, well, so much is heavily integrated into the head unit that I found zero aftermarket solutions at the time. Crutchfield had exactly zero matches, and really, it'd be hard to think of anything short of a full rebuild for lots of $$$ that would be an upgrade for the base stereo and keep all the features the stock unit has. Hell, even my dealer refused to touch the VW-parts Helix upgrade.

Pickleahoy1

Ready to race!
Unlike many on these boards who have the urge for more kick out of the sub I am actually happy with the woofer, I just want better drivers on the doors but I have not seen anyone address those... would be nice if we got some info on speaker upgrades with the stock unit unless it can't handle the upgrades