GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
How do you do target VS additive boost???

On map 6, 1500 rpm setting needs to start above 10psi. See my above post with my settings. So you would start at 10 or higher and then ramp up to the maximum boost you want at the rpm you want and then taper down to the end. You really don't want to carry too much boost past 5500. Read your ign 1 timing as well as the ign 2-5. I did get to a point where I was carrying ~15psi up to 5,000+ rpm with good ign1, but I was getting around 2-2.5 in corrections on a couple of cylinders. I'm going to look at some more map 2 logs and a map 4 log to see what ign1 looks like if it's the same, I will stick with it. If I'm losing timing, I need to lower the boost. The other thing worth looking at is the throttle. From what I've been reading on the gti thread is that the throttle will not read 100 if the ecu senses too much boost. So far I haven't seen that.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Here's a log from JB4 Map1 in -12 F ambient. I haven't had time to use any other maps. All of the logs I've checked have the minor pulls in third gear, but i haven't seen anything over 2. The AFR jumping all over the place is a little concerning.

Anyone else see the IAT not move off of 32 F? George thought that there might be a lower limit, but he hadn't seen that issue yet.

That is some crazy AFR. You are also in some really cold air. I'm not sure how that affects it. It would be worth posting this in the gti JB4 thread as well. Some knowledgeable guys over there. I've been learning quite a bit

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
I was pulling timing when i set map 6 set to 4.4 also my car got heat soaked, downpipe is real power will give another 10-15whp.

Sent from my HTC 10

Have you thought about the meth injection from BMS? Can you get it over there?

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
Here's a log from JB4 Map1 in -12 F ambient. I haven't had time to use any other maps. All of the logs I've checked have the minor pulls in third gear, but i haven't seen anything over 2. The AFR jumping all over the place is a little concerning.

Anyone else see the IAT not move off of 32 F? George thought that there might be a lower limit, but he hadn't seen that issue yet.

What sportwagen do you have? I have a 2017 GSW 4motion. The reason I ask is because I am having the same erratic AFR problem.

sergemcgraw83

Passed Driver's Ed
On map 6, 1500 rpm setting needs to start above 10psi. See my above post with my settings. So you would start at 10 or higher and then ramp up to the maximum boost you want at the rpm you want and then taper down to the end. You really don't want to carry too much boost past 5500. Read your ign 1 timing as well as the ign 2-5. I did get to a point where I was carrying ~15psi up to 5,000+ rpm with good ign1, but I was getting around 2-2.5 in corrections on a couple of cylinders. I'm going to look at some more map 2 logs and a map 4 log to see what ign1 looks like if it's the same, I will stick with it. If I'm losing timing, I need to lower the boost. The other thing worth looking at is the throttle. From what I've been reading on the gti thread is that the throttle will not read 100 if the ecu senses too much boost. So far I haven't seen that.

Yes I know what it does. I am asking how does the software know you are not wanting an ADDED #psi VS a TARGET OF #psi

1.8wolfie

Passed Driver's Ed
If I am to bring the car in for service. Could I set the map to 0 and unplug the obd port and still be ok? Or will I need to fully remove the unit.

I'm asking because I don't really care that they see I'm tuned, Just if they need to run diagnostic or do a software update, they will need the obd port.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Eurospec 1.8TFSI will use completely different settings to the US spec. It runs far lower boost.

It seems like they are making good power though. Is that due to the secondary injection? What I lose is different. Are we capable of more here then?

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
It seems like they are making good power though. Is that due to the secondary injection? What I lose is different. Are we capable of more here then?

Boost is a measurement of restriction, with the valve lift there is more flow so although boost is lower there is more air flow overall. In terms of tune they run quite different so settings for them are in the 4's mostly. Transmissions are also not capable of high torque levels.

schiang

Got to push my car a bit after a handful of trips with my JB1. I can tell there is increased power from about 3k-5k. Not as dramatic as with prior ecu/chip upgrades on 3 different cars though. May play with map 6.

92 octane so any suggestions as to settings on map 6?

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Got to push my car a bit after a handful of trips with my JB1. I can tell there is increased power from about 3k-5k. Not as dramatic as with prior ecu/chip upgrades on 3 different cars though. May play with map 6.

92 octane so any suggestions as to settings on map 6?

You have a JB1 or a JB4? I used 92 octane for a fill up last week vs my normal 93. Logs looked the same. If you are JB4, I would go with the target. Do a map 2 log and see how it looks. Base it off of that and start logging some more.

Slick99

Ready to race!
Have you thought about the meth injection from BMS? Can you get it over there?
Sorry for late reply, yes i can use meth but dont want to take risk on my dsg7 gearbox.

Sent from my HTC 10