GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

James' Dark Iron GTI

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
What's your very next mod, what's arriving in the mail next?

Love the colour BTW

Edit: and... nice photography! And where are you from? (Super jealous of the naked front bumper > aka no plate)

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
Great move on the ceramic coating! You just saved yourself hours upon hours of detailing time over your period of ownership with the car. A simple spray and rinse will make it look great!

Did you get any paint protection film as well?

JD-1

Ready to race!
What's your very next mod, what's arriving in the mail next?

Love the colour BTW

Edit: and... nice photography! And where are you from? (Super jealous of the naked front bumper > aka no plate)

Great move on the ceramic coating! You just saved yourself hours upon hours of detailing time over your period of ownership with the car. A simple spray and rinse will make it look great!

Did you get any paint protection film as well?

I'm getting my VWR Springs this week, but won't install until mid July. Possibly buying a adjustable VWR adjustable rear sway bar too.

And yeah, ceramic coating makes washing a lot easier... I will probably never actually wax a car again. I still hit the car up with quick detailer but thats mainly as like a spit shine thing to remove gunk or hit some water spots if I missed them while washing.

Yup, the front end has xpel. It makes life a lot easier knowing I can clean the bumper/hood with any old rag and it'll be fine!!

JD-1

Ready to race!
Installed the MK7.5 Lamin X sidecorner overlays. Overall really happy with the look. I had already previously coded out the amber LED light (when I run the car in euro switch mode with DRL+fog lights).

I've never installed anything from lamin-x before but my process was to spray the headlight with a squirt of water from a big spray bottle after I washed the car. I made sure no dirt/debris/lint free and placed down the overlay in the middle corner first. Applying gentle pressure I worked the entire overlay on. The material is durable enough to be re-positioned/lifted multiple times. Some videos show people using squeeze's for big overlays. This was 100% not necessary for this application. If you have big air bubbles or "fingers" you are applying it wrong.

JD-1

Ready to race!
I installed my VWR Springs with my friend this weekend. It was supposed to be a spring + sway bar install but I goofed and ordered the wrong sway bar. Pretty salty about this since I'm out a good chunk of cash if I can't sell it locally since return shipping is $$.

Installing the springs was as straight forward as most of the guides were. Driver side we did the the method of removing the axle bolts because the knuckle would not slide down at all. We didn't even attempt the 2x4 method at this point. We had to go get a 7mm allen key to remove the strut nut which was fine...

On the passenger side we tried the 2x4 method and to our amazement we had removed the strut in about 10 minutes vs the previous 45 minutes of fiddling around. But we couldn't remove the strut nut at all. Ended up using a blow torch..

Will post real after pics as the car is cleaned.

JD-1

Ready to race!
Have not posted in awhile.
After getting the springs on the car in the car I did not install my RSB until Jan 2019.
In Late April 2019 I must have hit a pothole very hard during a roadtrip to Maine.
Bought Omanyt R32 winter wheels this year and put Continental DWS06 tires on about a month ago. I was using summer tires on my Dallas wheels which I'm now trying to sell.

Here are some pics

Upcoming I need to replace my rear endlinks since my car is making a terrible clunk, and I will likely change my plugs this year. I am also hoping to swap these new conti tires to neuspeed or enkei wheels. I can't decide between RSE12, or the TS10/TSV wheels from enkei.

Attachments

• 20191111_153753.jpg
    20191111_153753.jpg
    929.9 KB · Views: 332
  • 20190608_182402.jpg
    20190608_182402.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 167

JD-1

Ready to race!
Bilstein B8s, new front strut mounts, new front strut bearings and some random hardware ordered. Endlinks just got delivered. Really hoping to my car rides better now!