GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 for sale w/data cable

tono_gtz

Used on an MK7 GTI for a couple of months, but got APR tune instead. It has the ODBII cable as well as USB. Any questions let me know.

$350 shipped.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 296
  • s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 276
  • s-l1600 (10).jpg
    s-l1600 (10).jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 279

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
How is the difference between the real tune and JB4? I am thinking of doing same thing

tono_gtz

I just got the tune on Saturday and have only driven the car a couple of times. When I drove it back from the dealer, it felt a little rough. Sunday and this morning, it felt much smoother... liking it so far.

The main difference I notice so far is in the low end, especially when taking off from a complete stop. When the car was stock, taking off felt sluggish/unpredictable power. I found myself using sport mode way too much. JB4 helped a bit, and now the tune made a significant difference. Driving at slow speeds in drive mode seems much smoother and predictable now, and I don't feel the need for sport mode anymore.

Mid and high end, the tune does pull harder but I'm not sure how dramatic the difference is (I don't really push the car hard, though). I was mostly interested in the low end.

Other than the tune, the car is stock, DSG, K&N drop in air filter. Would recommend it, but you definitely need to factor in voiding your warranty and additional maintenance cost (I'm planning to do oil changes every 5K miles going forward).