GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mods For a 1.2 TSI?

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Is it Even worth doing mods to a 1.2 TSI? The difference between a new one and mine is too much for me so i might just try to upgrade mine.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
There are tunes for it, but they're only good for 130hp. Not exactly a lot...

joofcorn

Ready to race!
I'm sure you would feel the difference since it is like 20% more power than way you have. How much power are you hoping to make though, because I get the feeling to get than engine anywhere near 200 hp (just picking a number) you might be better off financially just to do an engine swap, or different car.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
I'm sure you would feel the difference since it is like 20% more power than way you have. How much power are you hoping to make though, because I get the feeling to get than engine anywhere near 200 hp (just picking a number) you might be better off financially just to do an engine swap, or different car.

Anything near 200 is too risky. I Dont want to Damage the Engine, but 150 is possible for sure. so what do i need for it? A Tune and? intake? better exhaust? or even a DSG tune?

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
Forget bhp, a tune will release a useful slug of torque, you can feel that no probs..

...if it creaks, it's probably made by VAG

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Forget bhp, a tune will release a useful slug of torque, you can feel that no probs..

...if it creaks, it's probably made by VAG

A Tune is a must, but what else. i think i can get a bit more out of the car

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Downpipe is always the biggest bang for your buck with a tune, then intercooler

With that said I’m not sure how much aftermarket support the 1.2 has

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Downpipe is always the biggest bang for your buck with a tune, then intercooler

With that said I’m not sure how much aftermarket support the 1.2 has
Im pretty sure i can get an intake and a good exhaust, not sure about the other stuff because its a 1.2 but arent the 1.4 mods almost the same as the 1.2?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
No clue, we don’t have the 1.2 here to my knowledge.

Volkswagen does a pretty good job on the intake and CBE, the downpipe and intercooler are where youll feel the most gains and consistency for your money

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
No clue, we don’t have the 1.2 here to my knowledge.

Volkswagen does a pretty good job on the intake and CBE, the downpipe and intercooler are where youll feel the most gains and consistency for your money
The new golfs are only 1.4, no 1.8 in my country [emoji20]

ok so those will be my next upgrades, and should i tune the car after installing these parts? so they tune the car based on the new parts?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Use best fuel like shell vpower, ITG air filter, & do the full GTE slam panel duct mod...& heat shield the pipe work from air filter to turbo & turbo to throttle body...

factory specs on mine are supposed to be 140SS & 250nm...I have 167PS & 267nm....& a bit more..& no tune...shell vpower only takes up to 155PS on my engine...as others have proven..