GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ceramic Pro 9H, 1 year in.

JD-1

Ready to race!
My car has 2 coats of gtechniq exo v3. I'm about 6 months in, I started noticing on my horizon surfaces like the doors and hatch stopped beading water as well as the hood & roof. I sprayed some carpro hydro2 and it seems to be good again but time will tell. The car is kept outside.

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R

I got Ceramic Pro 9h with 5 layers on my wife’s Atlas R Line in February, overall I’m very happy but I did get some water spots on the hood that the warranty should cover, got lifetime with it. I love the gloss and I don’t have time to maintain other than a wash, so it works great. Deep Black Pearl is very soft, would scratch drying with a Rag Company pluffle and drying aid so I had to coat it. Black needed UV protection too since it sits outside.

I’m hearing water spots are a common issue with Ceramic Coatings which makes sense since you don’t apply a wax which would help by adding a layer in between the coating to protect from the etching.

Rag Company and Obsessed Garage have been talking a lot about Bead Maker, might give this a try on top of Ceramic Pro once I get the hood water spots dealt with.

Ceramic Pro does require yearly maintenance to keep the hydrophobic properties.

Next Tuesday I take in my ‘18 Golf R I picked up a month ago for a full detail, CQuartz, Suntek tint, and Xpel PPF on the front end, b-pillars, and plastic trim including side skirts.

I’ll have to report back how I like it compared to Ceramic Pro.