GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sound change after 2000 revs

DanGolfRline

Hi I’m new to the forum. 2.0l diesel TDI. When driving at 2000 I’ve noticed that the sound changes and seems more rough/throaty. If I accelerate it can’t be heared after that level of revs. Anyone else’s do the same and is it normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Manual or DSG? I can't offer much help if DSG but if manual what gear? And is this a steady drive at/around 2000 or as you go through 2000?

I'm on the Kerma tune but can flash back to stock and see how the car feels after work tomorrow. From what I remember pre-tune (and even now) around 2k is when the power comes on. I down shift to bring the revs up to at least 2k before I get on it. Can't say I notice much in the way of exhaust note change but I'm never listening for it either.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Did a little "testing" today. There is a bit of a change around 2k. That's an RPM I'm always going through and never driving at so I never really noticed. I can "hear" the rumble more than feel it. And the exhaust note does seem to change though its not necessarily louder.

I never noticed because this car is practically silent compared to my Mk4 1.8T.

Hope that helps.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Did a little "testing" today. There is a bit of a change around 2k. That's an RPM I'm always going through and never driving at so I never really noticed. I can "hear" the rumble more than feel it. And the exhaust note does seem to change though its not necessarily louder.

I never noticed because this car is practically silent compared to my Mk4 1.8T.

Hope that helps.

Likely cam changeover. GTI it's at 3k.