GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FBO C7 A6 on E85 vs E30 IS38

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Met a guy at the E85 pump with a current gen Audi A6. Car was dual pulley, FBO, fuel system, tuned on E85.

So we start BSing and it turns out that we have a few mutual friends.

I asked him what he thought his car would run, and he said similar setups go mid-low 11s around 120 trap. I should be in the ballpark (from a roll) so I asked him if he wanted to get a quick run in.

Traffic was pretty heavy so we did a short 60 roll, maybe to 100-110mph. I pulled about 3 cars, which I think surprised both of us. I shouldn't be much over a 120 trap if at all, so I tend to think his car was closer to a 115mph car.

He came along side after and yelled "Dude that things bad!"

Guy was cool, exchanged thumbs up and went our separate ways, hopefully I'll run into him again and we can do a low roll or something.

Last edited:

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
Nice kill! Willing to bet he'd be a little disappointed if he took it to the track expecting 120 lol

joshgreensauce

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Met a guy at the E85 pump with a current gen Audi A6. Car was dual pulley, FBO, fuel system, tuned on E85.

So we start BSing and it turns out that we have a few mutual friends.

I asked him what he thought his car would run, and he said similar setups go mid-low 11s around 120 trap. I should be in the ballpark (from a roll) so I asked him if he wanted to get a quick run in.

Traffic was pretty heavy so we did a short 60 roll, maybe to 100-110mph. I pulled about 3 cars, which I think surprised both of us. I shouldn't be much over a 120 trap if at all, so I tend to think his car was closer to a 115mph car.

He came along side after and yelled "Dude that things bad!"

Guy was cool, exchanged thumbs up and went our separate ways, hopefully I'll run into him again and we can do a low roll or something.
What supporting mods do you have for your GTI? Namely fuel. I'm currently e30 tuned on is20 and it is maxed out. I got HPFP and FBO otherwise. Wondering if I can do e30 on an is38 with my current setup and wonder how much power it will make?

I'm looking to maybe go is38 or a similar route (turbo under $1500). Been looking at that shuenk is38+ (only $1000 with actuator and DV) in particular. Any suggestions?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
What supporting mods do you have for your GTI? Namely fuel. I'm currently e30 tuned on is20 and it is maxed out. I got HPFP and FBO otherwise. Wondering if I can do e30 on an is38 with my current setup and wonder how much power it will make?

I'm looking to maybe go is38 or a similar route (turbo under $1500). Been looking at that shuenk is38+ (only $1000 with actuator and DV) in particular. Any suggestions?

You can run your current setup on an IS38 and should dyno around 400-420 HP. No more than E30 though.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
When I first read through the OP I was shook for a second. I was like when did Hoon get his motor back together?! And more importantly why does he think his car won’t trap 120mph?! :ROFLMAO:

Hoon

Autocross Champion
When I first read through the OP I was shook for a second. I was like when did Hoon get his motor back together?! And more importantly why does he think his car won’t trap 120mph?! :ROFLMAO:

lol, I've been waiting three weeks for two bolts because the dealership has ordered the wrong ones three times.

Hoon

Autocross Champion

IS20 should not be maxed out on E30.

My suggestion for a budget setup would be an IS38 without the VW branding from FCP Euro with an HPFP only and an E50 tune.

If you don't want to blend, add a 450 LPFP and run straight E85. You can probably get away with it on the stock LPFP, but that's on the limit.

Cobb tuning via EQT for this setup.

iwannagofast

Not a Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GTI
IS20 should not be maxed out on E30.

My suggestion for a budget setup would be an IS38 without the VW branding from FCP Euro with an HPFP only and an E50 tune.

If you don't want to blend, add a 450 LPFP and run straight E85. You can probably get away with it on the stock LPFP, but that's on the limit.

Cobb tuning via EQT for this setup.

Definitely can't get away with it on the stock lpfp. Mine was maxed out and getting fuel cuts when my tune was at 13 degrees of timing and 25psi. EQT gave me 3 suggestions. Upgrade LPFP, cut back on ethanol content, add MPI. I added the Walbro 450. I'm now at 28psi and 17 degrees of timing and the tune isn't done yet.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Definitely can't get away with it on the stock lpfp. Mine was maxed out and getting fuel cuts when my tune was at 13 degrees of timing and 25psi. EQT gave me 3 suggestions. Upgrade LPFP, cut back on ethanol content, add MPI. I added the Walbro 450. I'm now at 28psi and 17 degrees of timing and the tune isn't done yet.

On what turbo?