GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Autoshifting on upshifts.. I like it.

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
On my last track days at Summit Point I downshifted manually but allowed the tranny to do all of the upshifts. Surprisingly, to me anyway, I preferred this to doing all upshifts myself. (No tranny upgrades)

Using the DSG in Sport mode and allowing it to do all the shifting just doesn't work well on track, so I always used "manual" mode and did all the shifting myself. Rarely, but every once in a while I would get a double upshift where my upshift was timed just as the tranny was going to over-ride and upshift itself due to high revs. For me, other than short shifting it was very difficult to avoid completely.

I decided to just let the tranny upshift, which it does right at redline, and I would handle all the downshifts. Liked it much better this way.

Maybe this is the way everyone does it, and I'm late to the party but it's worth giving it a try at the track if you use manual mode only.

drrck

Go Kart Champion
It won't hurt anything, but you're leaving power on the table and driving your charge temps up by running it to redline rather than shifting a bit earlier. There are a few corners I take to near redline just to not have to do a 3-4 and 4-3 shift right after the corner.