GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

best tyres for mileage?

soooty

Just can't get more than 10K outta a front set on my 2016 Golf GTD DSG. Rears are still good from when i bought the car new. But I soon need to buy my 4th set of fronts. I have got through x2 sets of bridgstone potenza s001 and x1 set of michelin pilot sport 4 which i thought would last longer. Car is standard apart from dtuk tuning box.. on 18in alloys.

anyone doing any better than this? I'm either looking for more miles or cheapest possible from a new set.

Thanks for any help

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
It is how you drive not the tyres, get around 25k out of the front 35k on the rears. Done 60k and only on my second set of rears and they have around 6mm on them still.

soooty

It is how you drive not the tyres, get around 25k out of the front 35k on the rears. Done 60k and only on my second set of rears and they have around 6mm on them still.

25k is impressive! I can't possible drive any slower than i already do. GTD is already snail like.. i gotta get places. Have you by change got the 19in? I imagine tyres on those would last longer as as they are doing less work. thanks for reply

The Stig2

Ready to race!
Just can't get more than 10K outta a front set on my 2016 Golf GTD DSG. Rears are still good from when i bought the car new. But I soon need to buy my 4th set of fronts. I have got through x2 sets of bridgstone potenza s001 and x1 set of michelin pilot sport 4 which i thought would last longer. Car is standard apart from dtuk tuning box.. on 18in alloys.

anyone doing any better than this? I'm either looking for more miles or cheapest possible from a new set.

Thanks for any help

Why aren’t you rotating?

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
The least amount of traction will yield the best mileage. Skinny, hard, low rolling resist. Just look at the worst performing tire on tire rack and that probably the one you want.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
The least amount of traction will yield the best mileage. Skinny, hard, low rolling resist. Just look at the worst performing tire on tire rack and that probably the one you want.

Boom. Get the tires with the longest advertised tread warranty. They'll be noisy and terrible at everything, but will last a looooong time.

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
There are all-seasons out there that actually perform quite well while still claiming to have decent tread life.

Since you don;t seem like the person that skimps on tires, I would check out the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3+ or the Continental DWS06 A/S.

Both of those tires are very highly rated when it comes to performance and also claim to have almost double the treadwear numbers when it comes to the respective max performance summer tires those companies make (like the MPSS or the Extreme Contact).