GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2016+ Clubsport Modifications - Part Numbers

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
A few questions:

Is there anyone with a NA spec car running these swivels? I couldn't find it here. Also, are the CSS/TT bearings required to run these?

Will these push the front track out any further? (I'm already pretty tight to the fender)

My plan is to run these in addition to superpro LCA's to avoid camber plates.

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk

I am running CSS swivels and TT bearing in combination with the SuperPro LCA.
You can read more about the setup on the suspension thread...

EB2429

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTi 7.5
CS bushes fitted to front lower control arms (rear bush) and replaced the LCA front bushes at the same time with the factory bushes (these are the same as the CS anyway as VW chose to only uprate/change the rear bush. My car only has 25k on the clock so not a high amount, but after replacing the bushes and alignment I noticed:

Sharper initial turn in, and better direction change. The alignment and new bushes all contribute I know, but this seems better than when it was new. Increase in NVH is marginal, less than poly bushes on other cars I have had. Only expansion gaps, pot holes and cats eyes do you notice a slight increased "thud" into the cabin, but not a bad trade off, and again less than poly (normally).

Definitely worth it if you are intent on a refresh to the front suspension, Alignment values for a standard car seem spot on to me too afterwards.

Attachments

• alignmentre.jpg
    alignmentre.jpg
    437.9 KB · Views: 2,013
Last edited:
Thanks, EB. I love that mild rear camber. ;)
However, did you consider to shift the subframe to even front camber?

EB2429

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTi 7.5
Yeah it is on the mild side :) I guess less grip at the rear should be more fun, but its very small numbers so i doubt I will notice. The front was quiet out but didn't seem a lot different when they finished so didn't bother to ask for any further correction, as they spent a good deal of time ensuring the toe front and rear was dead in the middle and even side to side. Camber will be out the first few sec I throw it into a corner at Snetterton 300 ;)

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
The clubsport rotors are beautiful.. Any Golf R or GTI PP wanna comment on if the feel is same with cs rotors and/or pads?

Obviously the drilled is a mostly cosmetic mod, but i was wondering if there's any improvement in street use?

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
The clubsport rotors are beautiful.. Any Golf R or GTI PP wanna comment on if the feel is same with cs rotors and/or pads?

Obviously the drilled is a mostly cosmetic mod, but i was wondering if there's any improvement in street use?

If anything, the aluminum hat will be lighter. Less unsprung/rotating mass is never a bad thing.

jmason

Go Kart Newbie

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
A few questions:

Is there anyone with a NA spec car running these swivels? I couldn't find it here. Also, are the CSS/TT bearings required to run these?

Will these push the front track out any further? (I'm already pretty tight to the fender)

My plan is to run these in addition to superpro LCA's to avoid camber plates.

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk

I too am running this setup. See this thread for all the gory details:
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29309

A3SBQ

Ready to race!

DU30

Hi mates! I am new to this forum but i have been reading about this thread for a while. I own a gti40years here in Sydney and i want to change my side sticker from “40 years” to “clubsport”. Do you guys know where can i get one?

XoneDB4

Ready to race!
Has anyone successfully ordered the DSG steering wheel in the UK/EU? My dealer says all the part numbers come up labelled as leather and they’re on back order so if I order the wrong one I still have to pay for it...

Really want that alcantara...