GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

E-Golf front bumper on GTI?

Nancy

Hi everyone, I am not sure if this topic is on here already, I didn't find it when searched. I was wondering if anyone knows if an E-Golf front bumper can be fitted and compatible to a GTI 7? And if anyone knows an estimated price for it (bumper alone) and where to get one? Thanks in advance for any responses.

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
If any, I'd consider the GTE's bumper. ;)

If VW sell E-Golf and GTE in the US, they'll necessarily also sell
all spare parts for them. Cars crash and need new bumpers.

MikeB7

I have the same thing in mind.Though I don\t have a GTI.From research I was able to find out that the GTE does not have light washers.Since the GTE has LED lights not xenon.The xenon lights require lamp washers.Plus the parking sensors are located on sides of the bumper.In my opinion it will be realy difficult to swap it.A friend of mine tried swaping his bumper on an MK7 to a GTI one.He got an estimate from the dealship.The bumper it self was cheap but the labor and the other necessary parts to mount the bumper outcost the whole project.The guys had decided not to do it.So if we would swap the bumber we would have to drill holes in the bumper for the washers :/ Atleast here in Europe.I was also thinking of just swapping the LED running lights from the GTE but that is not possible.the bumper has way different desing.