GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Something strange has happened!

Stripey

Ready to race!
I have a mk7 2.0tdi GT with DSG, something you may associate with fast, hard driving (I know it's no GTi but its still nippy). Well thats how I drove my last car but something strange has happened........

.......I find myself driving everywhere in Eco setting & driving rather slow & relaxed! Maybe I'm obsessed with the 'see how high you can get the average MPG' game? Or maybe I enjoy driving it so much I want the journey to last as long as possible? Or maybe I'm just getting old?!

I think it's probably a combination of those 3 things....it's certainly a pleasure to drive & is easily the best car I've had over the last 15 years/5 cars. It's so easy & comfortable to drive sensibly yet just as easy to drive fast and stay in control. Anyway, it has surprised me how much my driving style has changed, simply by being in a different car (and I'm liking the cheaper fuel costs!) :)

Essjay

Ready to race!
Hi Stripey, you're not alone in thinking this way. I've never been a "boy racer", but I too have noticed my new found relaxed style of driving has come as a welcome surprise. I reckon, as you, a lot of it is down to the quality of the car, oh! and also I'm getting old as well :rolleyes:

jp_cfc09

Ready to race!
lol i agree, I was/am little boy racer and not ashamed to admit it. I love fast cars and going fast, well like you all I did untill ive got this mk7 golf last month. the miss loves how nice and steady I drive now. it started with me trying to get up the mpg every little bit more each drive, but now I just like driving it to be honest. this is my first ever diseal also and was afraid to take the plunge but im glad I did. Ive had it up to 80 once and thought to my self ill just fall back and relax instead with the acc on, my last car wouldnt of had that nice relaxing feel to make me want to sit back and let it cruse along. I normally would of been timeing how quick I can get to where I was going lol.

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
After getting married a little less than 2 years ago my driving changed to a more mature/less sporty style. But I still had my moments when the mkv GTI "fast" kicks in :D and I get my once in a while adrenalin rush. The mkv is sold and getting the mk7 GTI in a month and I wonder in which direction it will steer my driving style :rolleyes:

I'm sure I would want to test its performance and cornering abilities :D