GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Will the 2019 GTI's parking brake be electric or mechanical?

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
When you have DSG the brake automatically engages when you put it in Park and shut off the ignition. I can't at the moment remember how to park without having the EPB engage. I did it once after washing the car so the pads wouldn't stick to the rotors.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Following the update, the car began rolling back, auto hold failing regularly, and the vehicle releasing the parking brake when starting the engine without trying to move off.

They managed to fix everything apart from the last part, which I'm still fighting.

Have a gander through my threads; I think I've posted about it before in the UK section.

I've had a look through the threads...not too good...mind you the autohold does release too early on steep hills ATM...

Thing is mines got the extended 5yr warranty..& yes I know in some respects I've voided it due to mods..but everything is more or less OEM parts bought from them...

Will be interesting to see how it behaves & what they change in the adaptions.....:(

& yes it is the 46G7 upgrade...

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
I've had a look through the threads...not too good...mind you the autohold does release too early on steep hills ATM...

Thing is mines got the extended 5yr warranty..& yes I know in some respects I've voided it due to mods..but everything is more or less OEM parts bought from them...

Will be interesting to see how it behaves & what they change in the adaptions.....:(

& yes it is the 46G7 upgrade...

Good luck to you. I've just had a bloke out from Milton Keynes after sending a Letter Before Action and they're changing the neutral position switch in the gearbox - something to do with how the software was changed in regards to the logic that deals with that sensor.

As far as I noticed, adaptations didn't change - the firmware was reflashed for the new version. I would imagine if you've made any changes to that control module, they'll be reset.

If you start to have any problems after the update, do let me know and I'll send you over some more details.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Good luck to you. I've just had a bloke out from Milton Keynes after sending a Letter Before Action and they're changing the neutral position switch in the gearbox - something to do with how the software was changed in regards to the logic that deals with that sensor.

As far as I noticed, adaptations didn't change - the firmware was reflashed for the new version. I would imagine if you've made any changes to that control module, they'll be reset.

If you start to have any problems after the update, do let me know and I'll send you over some more details.

You on DSG or manual gearbox?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Manual mate, 5 speed though.

Got the 46G7 update & SO FAR it operates as previous/normal..

Also double checked all the adaptions & the coding & the only thing that has changed is the last Byte (Byte 29) in the long coding..from "09" to "02"..

Obviously the software version etc has changed...

Anyway I read all your problems & numerous other threads...now most problems are pre- any update..& IMHO are people not fully understanding the EPB...as I don't consider what they call a problem..a problem..

The only faults after the 46G7 update besides your is a Passat with the same 1.6TDI engine...so maybe the ecu & the ABS unit don't talk to each other properly …

Anyway I will be keeping a very close eye on the EPB...JUST IN CASE...:cool:

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Also double checked all the adaptions & the coding & the only thing that has changed is the last Byte (Byte 29) in the long coding..from "09" to "02"..

Sounds like your option to disable ESC/ASR has changed from:

ESC on / ASR off / ESC Sport (Byte 29 Hex value 09)

to:

ESC on / ASR off (Byte 29 Hex value 02)

I am not 100% positive on this but I recently went through all this while modifying my ABS module coding to enable the additional "ESC Sport" option. I went from a Hex value at Byte 29 of 02 to 09.

Credit where credit due:

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthr...d-thread&p=112701723&viewfull=1#post112701723

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Sounds like your option to disable ESC/ASR has changed from:

ESC on / ASR off / ESC Sport (Byte 29 Hex value 09)

to:

ESC on / ASR off (Byte 29 Hex value 02)

I am not 100% positive on this but I recently went through all this while modifying my ABS module coding to enable the additional "ESC Sport" option. I went from a Hex value at Byte 29 of 02 to 09.

Credit where credit due:

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthr...d-thread&p=112701723&viewfull=1#post112701723

WELL SPOTTED!!!;)

I should have known as I did a write up way back in Jan 2015 on retro fitting the ESC switch & the VCDS coding options..

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7908

Mind you my back is killing ATM so not thinking straight ATM...!!:(

so feck knows why the dealer changed it..maybe its part of the programme that changes anything to factory not for that trim spec as that is GTI/R coding...yet to keep the other changes..but those are not trim spec dependent..

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Got the 46G7 update & SO FAR it operates as previous/normal..

Obviously the software version etc has changed...

Anyway I read all your problems & numerous other threads...now most problems are pre- any update..& IMHO are people not fully understanding the EPB...as I don't consider what they call a problem..a problem..

The only faults after the 46G7 update besides your is a Passat with the same 1.6TDI engine...so maybe the ecu & the ABS unit don't talk to each other properly …

Anyway I will be keeping a very close eye on the EPB...JUST IN CASE...:cool:

Keep a close eye out for it releasing sporadically when starting your car!