GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7.5 vs TLX A Spec

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
They aren't that far apart. Regardless, they're quick for a family sedan that can get 30+ mpg and have room for 5.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/honda-accord-2017-car-of-the-year-contender/

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/aud...8-honda-accord-20t-touring-comparison-review/

Full disclosure: my wife has a '17 Touring V6. We'll probably upgrade to a 2.0T Touring in '20.

To split hairs, that’s a touring, I’d just assume the sport is lighter because of less equipment. Car and driver got a 5.5 and 14.1 out of the 2.0 accord sport 10 speed auto they tested, and like I said some have claimed their bone stock accord sports have run high 13s stock. Impressive for a stock family hauler, I think, that easily and comfortably seats 5, as you said.

Personally I’d rather have the v6 in your 17 if I owned an accord as I’d leave it stock, but if you’re going to mod a little or want a brand spanking new accord they seem like very nice drivers, I actually put the first 100 miles on my brother in laws driving it back from the dealer to his house, they’re not really exciting in any sort of way, and I thought the paddle shifting was hilarious when you have 10 gears, but they are a real nice place to sit as you gobble up miles and they’ll certainly humble some other car owners who think they’re fast off a stoplight, especially the ones who tune, throw down pipes, whatever they call a “front” pipes and intercooler on their 18, 2 liter, 10 speed auto accords. They’re sleepers in waiting, like you said, with a couple of mods, tuning and more boost, I’m betting you see all sorts of those guys outrunning their big brother (performance wise) the civic type R, mainly cause the type R is only available with the 6 speed manual, guess time will tell. A tuned 2.0 auto accord slightly tweaked seems like it’ll make for a nice gentlemans type R.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2018-honda-accord-20t-automatic-test-review

http://www.superstreetonline.com/fe...-type-r-power-on-your-2018-honda-accord-2-0t/

Last edited:

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
This is essentially how I feel. For those of you that don’t like my comments, I don’t care. I’m tired of people being lazy. It took me all of two minutes to find out the information the OP asked. I told him the Internet is his friend. If more people used it, there’d be no need for senseless threads like this one. People nowadays just want to be spoon fed information. Do a little legwork, you’ll be amazed with the info you find. And by the way unlike any of You whiners, I actually answered his question. For those of you that are here for the shit show have at it. Football doesn’t start till 1pm;)

I completely agree with you, but that doesn’t mean you have to tell the mods to delete his thread just because you think that the answer to his question was easy to find.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
I agree people should just use google first to find answers to questions, but if they are unsure then of course post in here what you think and why.

Then again, if it bothers you that someone didn't search first, you can always just ignore the post and continue on with your day....

Zerocool1100

Then again, if it bothers you that someone didn't search first, you can always just ignore the post and continue on with your day....

I also agree with this statement. We should also remember traffic is what keeps this forum operating. If we have nothing constructive to add to a thread then we shouldn't comment. This is meant to be a place for people to share ideas and information about something we all enjoy, it should be a positive experience.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
If the acura beats you in acceleration just tell him to follow you to the track/mountain/canyon

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
You didn’t ask opinions. You asked will a MK7.5 Gti outrun an Aspec Acura TLX. That’s not asking for an opinion. I’ve never heard anyone on this forum post about racing a TLX. Also your don’t specify if it’s manual or DSG. Acura TLX 0-60 is 6.0 sec and 1/4 mile is 14.5.
Mk7.5 GTI manual 0-60 6 sec. 1/4 mile 14.5. I guess it’s a drivers race. Again the internet is your friend. Moderators feel free to close this thread. Nothing to see here.

Yeah so, the question is, which would win with equally good drivers? You could elaborate on different conditions that would favor each. I assume that is what the OP intended to discuss.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
For the ones that were interested in what a new Honda Accord sport 2.0t auto 10 speed are capable of bone stock, my brother in law and I took the winter beaters to the track for giggles last night. The other beater was a Fiat Abarth on winter wheel tires, running low 15s which was about what was expected. But damn that Honda was impressive!

Attachments

• CBE5F2FA-E16B-4A27-AB7B-49F48083FFB1.jpeg
    CBE5F2FA-E16B-4A27-AB7B-49F48083FFB1.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 190
  • 9A95D233-1D34-49D7-9C58-39AAC6BA9880.jpeg
    9A95D233-1D34-49D7-9C58-39AAC6BA9880.jpeg
    76.4 KB · Views: 190
  • 5F001182-A08C-43C9-9D9A-ED2F348C6D8D.jpeg
    5F001182-A08C-43C9-9D9A-ED2F348C6D8D.jpeg
    71.4 KB · Views: 187
  • 4D5016BA-E1F8-4E84-8CBB-2658F94A6E87.jpeg
    4D5016BA-E1F8-4E84-8CBB-2658F94A6E87.jpeg
    114.7 KB · Views: 185
  • 76393E82-1E40-4BD9-B666-F88F3141B4CB.jpeg
    76393E82-1E40-4BD9-B666-F88F3141B4CB.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 186

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
Coming from a 2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD, the GTI is much better in every way aside from interior space. The TLX SH-AWD is plagued with highway vibrations where on the highway, you can feel the car vibrate. The vibrations come from under the seats and according to the engineer, it is due to the rear subframe (and chassis). I spent so many months dealing with this issue. We tried different tires, a new TLX SH-AWD, etc., and nothing ever worked. If you look at the TLX, you should only consider the FWD 2.4L with the 8 speed DCT. Otherwise, don't bother.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
For the ones that were interested in what a new Honda Accord sport 2.0t auto 10 speed are capable of bone stock, my brother in law and I took the winter beaters to the track for giggles last night. The other beater was a Fiat Abarth on winter wheel tires, running low 15s which was about what was expected. But damn that Honda was impressive!

Impressive for what it is.

Not to get even more off topic, but how's the infotainment system? The CarPlay integration in my wife's '17 is horrific. Slow, constantly freezing requiring a restart of the phone/car, erratic operation etc.

I know she'd prefer the power delivery of a turbo vs winding out a NA motor, plus true blind spot monitoring and cooled seats......

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Impressive for what it is.

Not to get even more off topic, but how's the infotainment system? The CarPlay integration in my wife's '17 is horrific. Slow, constantly freezing requiring a restart of the phone/car, erratic operation etc.

I know she'd prefer the power delivery of a turbo vs winding out a NA motor, plus true blind spot monitoring and cooled seats......

True, I hear ya, it was just funny how it worked out with us heading out to the track with the winter beaters and all, and a day earlier the new accord being brought up in this thread, I didn’t really think it was worth a separate thread and mainly was agreeing with the other guy recommending the Honda, with some actual numbers that supported his butt dyno opinions, unless you’re a real badge snob, the accord is the better buy/performer currently, over the tlx a spec. The touring obviously has a bunch more luxury than the sport but the sport 2.0t is rather well equipped for the money. It’s weird to drive a Honda with actual low end torque, lol

So far he’s had zero complaints about the infotainment system, granted he’s only got 3000 miles on it and owned it for almost 2 months but he uses CarPlay all the time. You do have to jump up to the touring for heated rear seats and cooled front seats, sports come with heated front seats, so I cannot comment on how well the cooled seats work on the accords, I was just surprised how well they perform bone stock and seeing as they’re so new and the fact they are Honda Accords :) not many are actually taking them to the track to get numbers on them, shocking I know, but I figured other performance enthusiasts would get the same sort of kick out of it that I did. I was certainly surprised he clipped off a 13.8, bone stock on a full tank of 93 octane. It’ll be interesting exactly what sort of gains the aftermarket gets out of them but it is a rather impressive starting point.