GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
I’d rather do neither. Patience is not my strong point. It’s not overly difficult except for the oil line on the bottom of je turbo is a PITA, but after3 hours I’m done and almost torched my car.

eickhoffj11

Passed Driver's Ed
Should I go with the is38 or ihx475 for my gti?

I'll eventually upgrade fueling too but I just want to know if there is a noticeable difference in power for the few hundred dollars in price difference. I know there's prob people on here that have experience with both of these turbos.
Please state any pros or cons with either.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

railroader

Autocross Newbie
My is38 just popped 2 days ago, I really enjoyed it, it made good power, But I knew when I bought a is38 it would be a ticking time bomb, when you push the to there limits on boost they will only last so long, some longer than other, mine lasted about 15k. I personally just bought the EQT and I would suggest the ihx475 or the EQT,

I'll eventually upgrade fueling too but I just want to know if there is a noticeable difference in power for the few hundred dollars in price difference. I know there's prob people on here that have experience with both of these turbos.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

pros: more power, maybe more reliable
cons: more lag, probably less reliable when pushed

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
New Dragy 0-60 and 1/8 times. Still on 93 pump. Going to order a HPFP/LPFP this week, already have the 4 bar waiting.

https://youtu.be/re_LsBM4oPM

If you have YouTube give me a sub. Going to document a cutout install this week/5k AWD launches with it along with dragy times of switching to E30 from 93, then once the fuel pumps are in what e40-50 can do with 4bars. After that it’s MPI and maxing this turbo out. Drag strip vids of course.

Last edited:

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
New Dragy 0-60 and 1/8 times. Still on 93 pump. Going to order a HPFP/LPFP this week, already have the 4 bar waiting.

https://youtu.be/re_LsBM4oPM

If you have YouTube give me a sub. Going to document a cutout install this week/5k AWD launches with it along with dragy times of switching to E30 from 93, then once the fuel pumps are in what e40-50 can do with 4bars. After that it’s MPI and maxing this turbo out. Drag strip vids of course.

Great time. I just did a Dragy run tonight as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie

Tomioka 475. Full weight pump gas 2016 R.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Nice. With my 7.40@95.58 I hope to be in the same 1/4 range. Will wait till after the fuel mods before I try a 1/4.

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
Nice. With my 7.40@95.58 I hope to be in the same 1/4 range.

Should be there. The 1/4 mile was over 1% uphill as well. I’m falling off at the top end, two weeks ago at the track I lost a few mph from my previous trap speed. But I need a retune since flashing the new adjustable launch control file. Who tuned yours?

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
I’m new to Maestro/Eurodyne. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the stage 2 and stage 3 TCU tunes? And I’ve also notice some have said you can only run the stage 3 on certain setups. For example I read that you can’t use the stage 3 TCU Tune while running the ED stage 2 HT file.

Go7R

Do you have to change valve springs for turbo chargers more than 550HP? Because big chargers need more rrpm, for example 7600 rrpm.
I do not know :confused: if the stock valve springs will be powerful enough...