GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fast FC04 / MK7 GTI

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Have you tried swapping one of your stock (65mm) VW caps over?

Can be done without removing the wheels / damaging the cap. Just need some removable adhesive Velcro strips (Commander brand for example). And a pair of pliers.

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
Have you tried swapping one of your stock (65mm) VW caps over?

Can be done without removing the wheels / damaging the cap. Just need some removable adhesive Velcro strips (Commander brand for example). And a pair of pliers.

No. Sold my stock wheels with caps before I picked up the fc04 wheels. My oem winter wheels have a smaller center cap than the stock 18s.

That said. The measurements of the fc04 center caps are 67mm outer diameter and 62mm inner clip diameter. My understanding is the stock center caps are 65/55 respectively.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks for the measurements.

Correct about the stock center caps. They’re 65mm/55mm. I just measured the ones I have on the shelf to confirm.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
VW PN 3B7601171 looks to be 67mm outer edge diameter. Looking to confirm inner lip diameter. Amazon and eBay adds are inconsistent and unreliable, of course.

Amazon example (67 outer and 60 inner):

VW Caddy EOS Golf Jetta Passat CC Phaeton Scirocco Sharan Tiguan Touran Transporter Hubcap Wheel Center Caps 3B7601171 3B7 601 171 (Set of 4 pieces) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0080CDDO0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_t6tTAbDK0YR56

Last edited:

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
^ive had a lot of trouble sourcing a center cap set id be happy with. Even started a thread about it. So far i think the stickers might be my best bet. Havent received them yet.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Ok. Link to thread?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
So I'm looking at these wheels, and ready to pull the trigger, but has anyone from the US ordered them?

There's a couple of online dealers that will ship to the US (1010tires, Wheel Wiz, Awside), and I talked to Wheel Wiz today and they said that they could ship them for free to Windsor (since I'm near Detroit) and go pick them up to avoid shipping costs....BUT I don't have a passport or the enhanced driver's license to get over there :(
Plus I'm not sure what would happen crossing the border either, after I picked them up

So it looks like shipping might be my only option and even at the shipped price, they're still a bargain for a Flow Formed & lightweight wheel

Anyways...the guy claims that they've shipped the wheels all over the US and no one has been hit with customs/duty fees....just checking if that's true from other people's experiences

ack_attack

Passed Driver's Ed
So I'm looking at these wheels, and ready to pull the trigger, but has anyone from the US ordered them?

There's a couple of online dealers that will ship to the US (1010tires, Wheel Wiz, Awside), and I talked to Wheel Wiz today and they said that they could ship them for free to Windsor (since I'm near Detroit) and go pick them up to avoid shipping costs....BUT I don't have a passport or the enhanced driver's license to get over there :(
Plus I'm not sure what would happen crossing the border either, after I picked them up

So it looks like shipping might be my only option and even at the shipped price, they're still a bargain for a Flow Formed & lightweight wheel

Anyways...the guy claims that they've shipped the wheels all over the US and no one has been hit with customs/duty fees....just checking if that's true from other people's experiences

I'm in IL, ordered 17x8 ET45 from Awside (great customer service - Thanx JP!) in Aug 2018, no customs/duty fees.

Shipping was $175 CAD for all 4 wheels from Quebec to IL. Total was $884 CAD ($679 US) shipped.

With 234/45 DWS06's and these wheels, the car lost 12.5 lbs/corner. ;)

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I'm in IL, ordered 17x8 ET45 from Awside (great customer service - Thanx JP!) in Aug 2018, no customs/duty fees.

Shipping was $175 CAD for all 4 wheels from Quebec to IL. Total was $884 CAD ($679 US) shipped.

With 234/45 DWS06's and these wheels, the car lost 12.5 lbs/corner. ;)

Good info, thanks!

I'm waiting for the next batch to arrive (due ~ November 13th)

I did suck it up & went the other day and applied for my Enhanced License to get me over the border since that would save me ~$130 in shipping & bring the set to ~$550....which, again, is super cheap for a light/flow formed wheel

I just don't know if they're gonna question or hit me with fees when I come back over here

JSUN1

Passed Driver's Ed

I live in Wa. State bought my Fast FC04's from 1010tires and was no hassle at all, they shipped really "FAST" too. No duty fee or shipping fee. I also bought a set of ATS Cups from Germany and was very nervous about duty fee but as it turned out there wasn't any.
Sorry to say I just checked 1010tires and the FC04's (titanium) their site says sold out but you could give them a call to make sure.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I live in Wa. State bought my Fast FC04's from 1010tires and was no hassle at all, they shipped really "FAST" too. No duty fee or shipping fee. I also bought a set of ATS Cups from Germany and was very nervous about duty fee but as it turned out there wasn't any.
Sorry to say I just checked 1010tires and the FC04's (titanium) their site says sold out but you could give them a call to make sure.

Good to know, thanks.
I had to pay duty or brokerage fees to UPS when I bought some HPA coilovers (they're based in Canada) before....that's why I asked.
Or maybe they came from KW in Germany...either way, UPS wanted like $27 for some fees to release them to me.

Yeah, I saw them first on 1010tires & they have free shipping to the US BUT I've found them a little cheaper from some Canadian retailers. And, like I said, it's cheaper for me to just go & pick them up as opposed to having them shipped here too (save $130 or so).

As for the stock, you're right that they're not available right now. The next shipment is coming around November 13th all the dealers have told me.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I ordered from Wheelwiz.ca and then they shipped them to a local facility so I could just go across to the Canadian border & pick them up.
NO taxes, no shipping fees, no duties. :D
Under $600/set -- I paid $724 USD, with PayPal's currency conversion, for the set of 5

They're nice & light too @ 18.5 lbs

Untitled by Dan W, on Flickr

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Amazing deal! Post some pics when they’re on the car. [emoji1303]